ASUS ROG Strix B350F
CPU
Ryzen 3200G
Graphics
Visiontek RX 560M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

I went ahead & decided to install El Capitan on my laptop. Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 7558, Intel Core i7-5500U CPU, Intel HD5500 graphics, Realtek HD Audio, ALC3234 I'm pretty sure, don't recall completely, would have to double check on that.

Problem I'm having is strange. I have the audio working via voodooHDA, but when I plug my headphones in the audio sounds terrible, it's distorted & the stereo field of the audio is messed up, everything seems pretty much mono. In search for the problem I realized by wiggling the headset plug back & fourth in the audio jack the sound was effected, and if you got it in just the right spot it would work fine. This screamed hardware issue to me.

The weird part of all this is that if I boot to windows there is no problem with the audio at all.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what could be going on here?

Hey,

I went ahead & decided to install El Capitan on my laptop. Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 7558, Intel Core i7-5500U CPU, Intel HD5500 graphics, Realtek HD Audio, ALC3234 I'm pretty sure, don't recall completely, would have to double check on that.

Problem I'm having is strange. I have the audio working via voodooHDA, but when I plug my headphones in the audio sounds terrible, it's distorted & the stereo field of the audio is messed up, everything seems pretty much mono. In search for the problem I realized by wiggling the headset plug back & fourth in the audio jack the sound was effected, and if you got it in just the right spot it would work fine. This screamed hardware issue to me.

The weird part of all this is that if I boot to windows there is no problem with the audio at all.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what could be going on here?

Recommend patched AppleHDA...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I've pulled the DSDT/SSDTs via clover F4 function on boot, copied only the ones with DSDT and SSDT into a single directory as stated in the guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

I download iasl and placed it in the directory & ran the command
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da -dl *.aml

Through numerous attempts and different combinations of the command I am not able to get iasl to dissasemble the files.
Code:
-bash: iasl: command not found

I've also tried putting iasl in the bin folder, still no luck.

Any idea why this could not be working?

I've pulled the DSDT/SSDTs via clover F4 function on boot, copied only the ones with DSDT and SSDT into a single directory as stated in the guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

I download iasl and placed it in the directory & ran the command
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da -dl *.aml

Through numerous attempts and different combinations of the command I am not able to get iasl to dissasemble the files.
Code:
-bash: iasl: command not found

I've also tried putting iasl in the bin folder, still no luck.

Any idea why this could not be working?

You need to copy iasl to /usr/bin.

You need to copy iasl to /usr/bin.

Does this mean I have to disable the system integrity protection? I've used the ShowAllFiles tool from the CommunitySoftware section of Downloads, it shows me the folder, but I have no access to it.

Does this mean I have to disable the system integrity protection? I've used the ShowAllFiles tool from the CommunitySoftware section of Downloads, it shows me the folder, but I have no access to it.

Disabling SIP is required for hacks anyway. No way to install unsigned kexts without doing that...

But yes, SIP must be disabled to place iasl in /usr/bin. If you know what you're doing, you can install it elsewhere, or refer specifically to the path where you've placed it. But to follow my guide, I'm assuming you have SIP disabled and can therefore install iasl in a convenient location along the PATH.

Note: You do not need ShowAllFiles to get to /usr/bin. You can use Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder, and type /usr/bin. Or, in Terminal, you can write 'open /usr/bin'.

Disabling SIP is required for hacks anyway. No way to install unsigned kexts without doing that...

But yes, SIP must be disabled to place iasl in /usr/bin. If you know what you're doing, you can install it elsewhere, or refer specifically to the path where you've placed it. But to follow my guide, I'm assuming you have SIP disabled and can therefore install iasl in a convenient location along the PATH.

Note: You do not need ShowAllFiles to get to /usr/bin. You can use Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder, and type /usr/bin. Or, in Terminal, you can write 'open /usr/bin'.

Got it, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back