Contribute
Register

El Capitan on Lenovo P50

Status
Not open for further replies.
@11orourkec have you figured out battery status yet?

I started on it a while back but didn't continue because I was more worried about the graphics. I'm going to look at some stuff today and see how far I get!

@BJK2142 here's power management in files below. Just put the ssdt.aml in your patched folder in EFI/clover/acpi/patched. and use this config file. It just changes the smbios to imac 17,1 so it can work with the power management..

Did you change you resolution yet? Using that SwitchResX ive found the best resolution for our screen to be that 2560x1440. (I'll try finding a free alternative to switchresx)

Attachments

• p50 PM.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Make sure you click mobile as well in the smbios on clover.. @BJK2142

My screen brightness works now as well with his DSDT brightness fix patch + intelbacklight.kext. You can map the brightness toggle in system settings to F4/F5. Sleep and hibernation seems to be working as well.

For replacement of wifi card i think we'll have to do some research and see if it is even possible to do on these thinkpads, I've read lenovo locks them down to certain wifi cards and wont boot with an unsupported card.

Things still to do:
GPU pm
disable nvidia
battery
Web cam
HDMI out
Not sure about USB-C port, i dont have anything
SD card reader
Headphones line out

thank you for uploading - for some reason it does;t change my battery status from being "no battery available."

In terms of resolution, i'm at 1920 X 1080 HiDPI and I think it looks great. is yours not working?

i am downloading Xcode now and then going to create the DSDT brighteness fix and Intelbacklight. Do you have NVME drives on your laptop as well?

thank you for uploading - for some reason it does;t change my battery status from being "no battery available."

In terms of resolution, i'm at 1920 X 1080 HiDPI and I think it looks great. is yours not working?

i am downloading Xcode now and then going to create the DSDT brighteness fix and Intelbacklight. Do you have NVME drives on your laptop as well?

No problem, but that wasn't a fix for the battery status, that was a fix for osx recognizing and using the CPU to its full range of frequencies. The battery fix stuff is bit more involved since there isnt a patch for ours yet. But, you may have noticed before when booting in verbose it would say "unrecognized CPU" -something along those lines. Now it will drop down to a lower power state when not in use and kick up when needed.
Its this stuff here if you wanna take a look at it.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Yea the 1920x1080 is working now but i just feel like its too zoomed in for me, the 3840x2860 is way too small, the 2560x1440 for me is just right. Plus- we spent that extra money on the 4k screen instead of the 1080, might as well utilize it at least halfway. To each their own though..

I do have NVME in mine. Its the Samsung 950pro 256gb. Why are you having troubles with it?

Got battery status working then found out that this is the same patch. Tested and works for P50. @RehabMan

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#battery_Lenovo-X230i.txt
# Created by Jarett, 2015-06-15
# some fixes by Rehabman
# Works for:
# Lenovo ThinkPad X230i
# Note: This DSDT requires "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"

you wouldn't mind posting that file would you? i am having trouble fully understanding how to patch these things

Don't take this the wrong way, but your descriptions aren't 101 enough for me

i take that back - took me all weekend, but i figured it out! battery status up and running! your the man/woman Rehabman!

so i fixed battery status, and I'm also able to boot without having to disable the nvidia card. the computer recognizes the card, but not the amount of memory it has - nor do i know how to enable the card to be actively used.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 310
  • 2.png
    2.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 276
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back