Graphics
Quadro K2100M - 3200x1800
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi.

So as per system specs, I'm trying Mojave on a Dell Precision M4800, which has an eDP connector.
It seems to me this laptop also has an internal Intel Graphics, but is disabled (with no enabling possible) due to it not being able to drive a QHD+ screen, so the only Graphics "Chip" I have is the K2100M.

I've tried injecting my EDID on the clover plist, with no success.

I do have Mojave installed as an external HDMI monitor works fine, just the internal one is black as black can be.
I've been trying to find any posts on various hackintosh communities regarding eDP on nVidia only, but to no avail.

Attachments

• debug_25919.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 165
Hi.

So as per system specs, I'm trying Mojave on a Dell Precision M4800, which has an eDP connector.
It seems to me this laptop also has an internal Intel Graphics, but is disabled (with no enabling possible) due to it not being able to drive a QHD+ screen, so the only Graphics "Chip" I have is the K2100M.

I've tried injecting my EDID on the clover plist, with no success.

I do have Mojave installed as an external HDMI monitor works fine, just the internal one is black as black can be.
I've been trying to find any posts on various hackintosh communities regarding eDP on nVidia only, but to no avail.

You should try injecting EDID.
Use config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(1,0)/Pci(0,0) for property injection on the Nvidia device.

I'm on the same boat...did you found something?

sorry @deliad it seems our laptop won't ever be supported. It seems there is few of us with an nvidia only laptop + edp screen and I'd make a wild guess and say none of us are developers so...

What I find strange is the lack of eDP support on the nvidia web drivers for older versions of OS X (tbh, I never checked if nVidia released web drivers for Mojave, last time I checked it hadn't yet).

@RehabMan do you think this could help with our case? https://github.com/xinyuwufei/Nvidia-900mSeries-Hackintosh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back