Contribute
Register

Easy Yosemite Clover USB Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I put in the terminal this script I get ERROR. It's just writes "SORRY. try again"

There is a typo in OP's script. Use this one instead:

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume  /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\  Yosemite.app --nointeraction

Make sure you formatted your USB key with a single HFS+ partition named "Install" and a GUID partition table.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume  /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\  Yosemite.app --nointeraction

Make sure you formatted your USB key with a single HFS+ partition named "Install" and a GUID partition table.

:(

"localhost:~ studio$ sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction
/Applications/Install OS X does not appear to be a valid OS installer application."

Ok, to be clear: my "C disk" for mac is "OS X", my 8gb usb drive has 1 partition with GUID table and name "Install". Yosemite install (downloaded from Store) is on applications.

As it seems people are having problems with this, I've modified to procedure in the OP. Please review...

"localhost:~ studio$ sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction
/Applications/Install OS X does not appear to be a valid OS installer application."

Make sure the whole script is in 1 line : it seems like the code you pasted is broken because there is a new line between OS\ X\ and Yosemite, so OSX says there is no OS installer named "Install OSX".

Code:

There's no error in the script!

There's no error in the script!

There was an extra space between OS X and Yosemite. At least, when I copy/pasted it an hour ago. Seems like you already fixed it.

I see an extra space in yours at the very end of the script you posted... No worries as long as it works for eveyone.

As it seems people are having problems with this, I've modified to procedure in the OP. Please review...

whtat is "OP" is Original Post????

thanks in advance

This script is not working for me.

"sudo: /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found"

This is the error I am getting in Terminal
Sure that you have downloaded Yosemite ? Check the Appstore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back