Intel HD 4400 / NVIDIA GT 750M (Disabled), 1366x768
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

After struggling to install Chameleon/Chimera on my hard drive due to its 4K sector size, I had switched over to using a USB stick to boot from. However, after many tries, I got Chameleon up and running along with Windows 8. As this could be of great help to some, I decided to post the method.

Step 1: Make sure you have Mac OS X ML as well as Windows 7/8/Vista.

Step 2: Install the latest version of EasyBCD on your Windows operating system.

Step 3: Download the latest build of the Chameleon iso, not pkg. Extract it and place it on the root of any drive.

Step 4: Open EasyBCD. In the "Add new entry" section of EasyBCD, under "Portable/External media", click the "ISO" tab. Name it whatever you want, and in the path column, enter the path of the Chameleon iso you extracted earlier. Make sure the "Run from Disk: mode is selected, not "Load from memory".

Step 5: Add this entry, reboot, and choose the option, for instance "Mac OS X".

Step 6: Voila, you now have a successful method of dual-booting Windows and Mac OS X.

Hi,

After struggling to install Chameleon/Chimera on my hard drive due to its 4K sector size, I had switched over to using a USB stick to boot from. However, after many tries, I got Chameleon up and running along with Windows 8. As this could be of great help to some, I decided to post the method.

Step 1: Make sure you have Mac OS X ML as well as Windows 7/8/Vista.

Step 2: Install the latest version of EasyBCD on your Windows operating system.

Step 3: Download the latest build of the Chameleon iso, not pkg. Extract it and place it on the root of any drive.

Step 4: Open EasyBCD. In the "Add new entry" section of EasyBCD, under "Portable/External media", click the "ISO" tab. Name it whatever you want, and in the path column, enter the path of the Chameleon iso you extracted earlier. Make sure the "Run from Disk: mode is selected, not "Load from memory".

Step 5: Add this entry, reboot, and choose the option, for instance "Mac OS X".

Step 6: Voila, you now have a successful method of dual-booting Windows and Mac OS X.

Or you could follow the dual-boot guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

And be able to choose your OS via Chimera/Chameleon bootloader...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back