Contribute
Register

Easiest post 2013 laptop under $500 to Hackintosh w/ Yosemite - Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow really? the 4530s & 4540s goes for prices like £170 to £250 for a nice clean laptop with no dents or scratches and those are for i5 versions. I bought my dads 4530s with a smashed screen for £120 nothing else wrong with it tho except for the screen I've changed. How easy is to hackintosh the levono laptops?

Oh wow really? the 4530s & 4540s goes for prices like £170 to £250 for a nice clean laptop with no dents or scratches and those are for i5 versions. I bought my dads 4530s with a smashed screen for £120 nothing else wrong with it tho except for the screen I've changed. How easy is to hackintosh the levono laptops?

I bought my u430 new, and I'm not tracking current prices on ebay (the OP can do own shopping)...

Same process for hacking the u430 as for the ProBook. In fact, the guide for the ProBook is based on the u430 guide (copy/paste/edit). If you read it, you will see...

The main thing that bugs me with the ProBook is the flicker with certain (usually gray) gradients. My u430 doesn't suffer from that problem.

The flickering i only notice it on the pages with dark backgrounds etc. I may have a look at the U430 but the only thing is that it has a touch screen something i don't really want. If i want something with a touch screen id rather go with my iPhone 6s or my iPad air lol.

The flickering i only notice it on the pages with dark backgrounds etc. I may have a look at the U430 but the only thing is that it has a touch screen something i don't really want. If i want something with a touch screen id rather go with my iPhone 6s or my iPad air lol.

I disable the touchscreen when running OS X. The touchscreen is on HS01 and my guide uses USBInjectAll.kext (with custom SSDT), so I disable the port with kernel flag uia_exclude=HS01.

So i take it that the touchscreen doesn't work in OS X then? Does that laptop have a backlit keyboard? thats one thing i was disappointed with on the Probook wish it had a backlit keyboard which works in OS X.

I may have a look and see if i can get a good deal on one. Need to get one with correct CPU tho.

Loving this conversation.

I've made note of the models and I'm happy to do the work.

Things on Amazon seem slightly overpriced. I haven't bought anything from Ebay in ages, but I see people here seem to trust (some) vendors there.

I am traveling and use my hackintosh to do work for clients and I was a bit hesitant to consider eBay. I can't afford to buy anything faulty. Returning anything from abroad would be a big pain and laptops where I am at the moment are highly over priced. I can't buy locally.

I don't mind price hunting...

Surprisingly...

A Dell Inspiron 5720 just popped up locally for about $400!!

Intel Quad-Core i7-3632QM 2.20GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.20GHz -
8GB DDR3 -
1TB (5400RPM)
DVD+/-RW -
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M 1GB dedicated video - 17.3" (1600x900) HD LED
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 - Bluetooth - Webcam
Windows 10

However, no one here has successful guide for this laptop. I remember reading about potential issues with graphics cards in laptops. Thought I'd ask for a quick opinion here... I've also noticed that all of the guides/posts I could find about this laptop here are from 2012/2013. I assume a lot has changed since then.

Opinions? Things I should ask the seller?

Surprisingly...

A Dell Inspiron 5720 just popped up locally for about $400!!

Intel Quad-Core i7-3632QM 2.20GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.20GHz -
8GB DDR3 -
1TB (5400RPM)
DVD+/-RW -
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M 1GB dedicated video - 17.3" (1600x900) HD LED
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 - Bluetooth - Webcam
Windows 10

However, no one here has successful guide for this laptop. I remember reading about potential issues with graphics cards in laptops. Thought I'd ask for a quick opinion here... I've also noticed that all of the guides/posts I could find about this laptop here are from 2012/2013. I assume a lot has changed since then.

Opinions? Things I should ask the seller?

Does it have Intel+Nvidia graphics or just Nvidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back