Contribute
Register

Dual Xeon Motherboard Recommendations 01.2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all together..

my system is working well with El Capitan, except for LAN and sound, but when I start a non Apple program, like Ableton Live or Bitwig Studio, the complete OS X system extremely lags/hangs, so that it is fully unusable.. :confused:

Can anyone help me please?

Otherwise I will try tuesday only one XEON 2680v3 CPU with Gigabyte GA-X99M-Gaming 5, ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer or ASUS X99-M WS.

Many thanks! :thumbup:

Configuration

Asus Z10PE-D8 ES
2x XEON 2680v3 (BIOS: 2x 8-Core)
8x 4GB ECC RDIMM
Asus GT740
OS X 10.11.1 (without patched Kernel)
Only Clover and only with FakeSMC.kext

OS X 10.11.1 (without patched Kernel)
Only Clover and only with FakeSMC.kext

I would think you'd need VoodooTSCSync.

Interesting that it worked without the kernel patch.

And no change to your symptom with VoodooTSCSync?

Have you implemented SpeedStep with the usual process? I think the effects of missing SpeedStep can vary kind of a lot from system to system. As I understand it, your working C612 installation is a quite unusual beast, no? Have there been reported successes elsewhere?

And no change to your symptom with VoodooTSCSync?

Have you implemented SpeedStep with the usual process? I think the effects of missing SpeedStep can vary kind of a lot from system to system. As I understand it, your working C612 installation is a quite unusual beast, no? Have there been reported successes elsewhere?
Yes, no change..

Do you mean SpeedStep in BIOS? The SpeedStep cannot be changed directly in BIOS, because there is no longer a parameter "SpeedStep".. I supposed, that the problem could be something like power saving etc.

I gave it up, because it costs too much time, to get a stable beast with OS X. But now I try it again.. :cool: i read about a few successes..

Tomorrow I will try something, which I read today..

No, not in the BIOS. I mean this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/177456-quick-guide-generate-ssdt-cpu-power-management.html

Also, you might benefit from patches to your DSDT or other SSDTs. A lot of useful info in the laptop guide, most of which is not specific to laptops. In your situation I would, at a minimum, extract native ACPI and look at what I've got, in addition to generating an SSDT with ssdtPRGen as described in that first link.
Ah ok.. I have no DSDT/SSDT yet.
Thanks, I will try it... :)

hi,

Have you builded up your monster hackintosh ?

I bought :
Supermicro X10DAi
Xeon E5-2695 v3 2.3GHz 14 core x 2
GeForce GTX 470 (used)
Crucial ECC 64GB PC4-2133 4 x 16GB

But I still have no way to install it successful.

Is there any suggestion for help ?

koei

Just bought two ASUS Z10PE-D16/4L's. I'll try both as Hackintoshes, with two Xeon E5-2697 v4's and 64 GB of 2400 MHz RAM. Anyone have any insight on things to look out for with this or D16/WS (if it translates)?

They'd mostly be used as audio workstations. Not sure which graphics card to go for, but I'll try an XFX Radeon RX 480 8 GB card and if that doesn't work, a GTX 1060 card when they appear. ASUS GTX 970 or something as a last resort.

If used for audio, I'd ideally want UAD Apollo's connected through Thunderbolt, but can't figure out how to add that to this motherboard. ASUS Thunderbolt II EX isn't listed as compatible on ASUS' site, and I can't find any alternatives. Maybe I'll have to find a different motherboard, hopefully dual Xeon, with either onboard Thunderbolt or add-on card support. Maybe SuperMicro X10DAi and SuperMicro AOC-TBT-DSL5320?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back