Contribute
Register

Dual Xeon Motherboard Recommendations 01.2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching around and am not seeing a guide for your build. Did you get something working. Was thinking of doing a dual CP build as well.

thanks

Hacintosh running on Haswell-E + C612? I'm planning doing the same. Really need to know if it's even possible for now? Any updates?

Hey David,

Were you able to complete this build. I am planning for the same exact build except for Xeon 2630 V3
Would really love to know if this worked out for you.

Regards,
Saurabh

Need Help
im planning to build a dual Xeon E5 2620 v3 build with the
Asus z10pe d8 motherboard for a hackintosh. Now OS x Al capitan is also out will this build be supported? or is there a better supported motherboard for this processor
Also ill be using the m.2 ssd as my OS drive.It is my first hackintosh build so will need helping out :headbang:

I'm in the process of a dual E5-2697 v3 build (Supermicro 7048 GRTR), and running into some trouble (as would be expected I suppose). Has anyone successfully been able to get a dual 2011-3 c612 system up and running yet?

I'm in the process of a dual E5-2697 v3 build (Supermicro 7048 GRTR), and running into some trouble (as would be expected I suppose). Has anyone successfully been able to get a dual 2011-3 c612 system up and running yet?

Did you make any progress? I was going to recommend that you look at the info on here about using Haswell-E with X99 and try to adapt that. It can be made to work with Speedstep (for me, this is minimum acceptable hackintosh), but at the cost of onboard USB 3. This is the thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html

I've looked around for reports of successful C612 builds, but haven't seen any.

Also, remember to disable hyperthreading, as otherwise you have two many virtual cores with that CPU x2.

Had to take a brief hiatus from the build for a work trip, but I'm getting back to it today. I've been working with the Haswell-E guides and making a bit of progress, but it seems to be the chipset that's the issue as a few people have been able to get single v3-2697 systems running.

I have Hyper threading, VT-d, virtualization, and CSM disabled. I've also disabled IPMI and onboard gfx with the jumpers on the board (turning off via BIOS did not actually diasble).

Fingers crossed we see a c612 mac pro soon...

Does it boot the installer? I would think you would want to do that with IGPU in VESA, or else with a very basic well-supported GPU like maybe a 750.

Good luck on getting the highest OS X Geekbench score ever! With that hardware, no doubt. I've got my fingers crossed for you, too.

I've yet to get an installer to boot, so far I've tried 10.9.5, 10.10.15, 10.11.1 and all stop at the same point(s). I've had the most success so far using a vanilla install created from another machine, but obviously still not enough...

Thanks for the support, can't wait to get this thing up and running. I ran a geekbench 3 via ubuntu 15.04 without HT or turbo (so 2.6 ghz) and got 59k multicore. Might not ever break 100, but I'm certainly going to try...

I've yet to get an installer to boot, so far I've tried 10.9.5, 10.10.15, 10.11.1 and all stop at the same point(s).

Where's that?

Thanks for the support, can't wait to get this thing up and running. I ran a geekbench 3 via ubuntu 15.04 without HT or turbo (so 2.6 ghz) and got 59k multicore.

:eek:

I think OS X scores could potentially be ~10-15% lower by no fault of yours, but yeah that's an impressive score @ 2.6G!

eta:

or else with a very basic well-supported GPU like maybe a 750.

740, rather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back