Contribute
Register

Dual Graphic Card like NVIDIA SLI or AMD Crossfire work in Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega Pro 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
If so, I would like to know how do it.

Necessary configuration:

NVIDIA or AMD, Whath is best for Dual Graphic

Motherboards, kext? or DSDT path?

PCIE NVME or SATA PCIE interface conector in Motherboard?

CrossFire o SLI.jpg

If so, I would like to know how do it.

Necessary configuration:

NVIDIA or AMD, Whath is best for Dual Graphic

Motherboards, kext? or DSDT path?

PCIE NVME or SATA PCIE interface conector in Motherboard?

View attachment 351723

I would say AMD is the best because; the only true dual video card Mac that I am aware of uses dual AMD D(300, 500, 700) video cards. However, I think apple even admitted that running one of the best card you can buy will serve you better. You also might consider that this is the end of the life cycle of the current hardware and that new hardware will be coming soon. As for kexts or a DSDT patch I am not sure you would need one at least not for ATI. In addition Mac OS uses both cards but not in the way windows uses Crossfire or SLI Mac OS will be controlling how it uses both cards. Remember AMD is native Mac while Nvida requires drivers from Nvida that may or may not get updates.

Do you think that an AMD Pro Vega 64 16GB is fully compatible with Unibeast without using bootflags, without installing kext, without editing DSDT?
The Buyer's Guide of tonomacx86 does not appear in the list of compatible components for hackintosh. That makes me feel confused because the new iMac Pro uses this graphics card

Thank you very much guy for your help.
Maldon from Oralila.com told me that sli/cf don't work in hacks. This make me feel confused

Thank you very much guy for your help.
Maldon from Oralila.com told me that sli/cf don't work in hacks. This make me feel confused

I told you that previously that SLI/CF do not work in Mac's.

"in addition Mac OS uses both cards but not in the way windows uses Crossfire or SLI Mac OS will be controlling how it uses both cards."

However, you can run dual cards for improved performance. Do some research on how Mac OS actually manages dual video cards.

Thank you for help me

Since mining kinda sucks right now, I've got unlimited Vega FE cards. Anyone think more than 2 would be used by the OS? It's a shame parallels only uses a couple gigs Vram max no matter what your system has.
I'd love to do some high part count fully rendered cad modeling on my Mac.

Sure you could put a bunch of cards in however, most cad softwares require a true workstation card to renderer on the GPU. I know revit gets pissed at my Vega 56 card and makes me turn off hardware acceleration, so in the end parallels and true windows render the same project at the same speed. Maybe with Metal 2 access to the video card will allow parallels and the windows VM to utilize the video card in a more native way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back