CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I am currently having a problem of stucking at the BIOS. I have 2 situations:
1. If I only plug in the Hackintosh SSD SATA cable, everything works fine, boot straightly into Mac. No problem at all.
2. If I plug in both Hachkintosh SSD & Win10 HDD SATA cables, I will stuck at the BIOS (the screen with Gigabyte logo only), not even having the Clover boot option screen.

With both drives connected boot to BIOS, I already set the Mac OS drive as first in BBS boot order. This caused the situation 2 occurred. I have 2 boot options when I connect both drive: The UEFI OS from SSD and Windows Boot Manager from HDD. If I boot from SSD, the 2nd situation happened. If I boot from HDD, it will boot to Windows 10 normally. Please advise what can I do.

I have to use my HDD by plugging in it after I booted into Mac which is very frustrating. Hope anyone can help me solve this problem. My configurations are as below:

GA-Z270M-D3H
i7-7700K
Inno3D GeForce GTX 1050 Ti X2
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (Mac installed)
WD Blue 2TB (Windows 10 Installed)
Kingston DDR4 2400MHz 8GB

For your information, both of my SSD(Hackintosh installed) and HDD (Windows10 installed) have the EFI partition already. But I do not know where went wrong. I was following this guide to help installing dual OS: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi-on-separate-drives.198869/

Thanks!

Last edited:
With both drives connected boot to BIOS and set the Mac OS drive as first in BBS boot order.

With both drives connected boot to BIOS and set the Mac OS drive as first in BBS boot order.

I did so already and that caused the situation 2 occurred. I have 2 boot options when I connect both drive: The UEFI OS from SSD and Windows Boot Manager from HDD. If I boot from SSD, the 2nd situation happened. If I boot from HDD, it will boot to Windows 10 normally. Please advise what can I do.

I did so already and that caused the situation 2 occurred. I have 2 boot options when I connect both drive: The UEFI OS from SSD and Windows Boot Manager from HDD. If I boot from SSD, the 2nd situation happened. If I boot from HDD, it will boot to Windows 10 normally. Please advise what can I do.
Did you install Win10 Legacy Mode? Clover UEFI will not boot Win10 Legacy mode.

Did you install Win10 Legacy Mode? Clover UEFI will not boot Win10 Legacy mode.

How do I check if it is Legacy Mode? I do have an EFI partition for Win10.

Attachments

• PzrrL's iMac.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 80
Could you possibly help me out with my last reply's config? Thanks!!!
Sorry it took s long to get back to you on this - 16 hour days at work leave me no time for fun!
I see nothing in the config.plist that might be a problem - the trouble is elsewhere.

Look carefully at your BIOS/UEFI settings, especially those under the boot tab regarding safe boot and OS to boot.

Boot Windows and launch the disk management tool. Post a pic of the screen showing the drive partition arrangement.

Sorry it took s long to get back to you on this - 16 hour days at work leave me no time for fun!
I see nothing in the config.plist that might be a problem - the trouble is elsewhere.

Look carefully at your BIOS/UEFI settings, especially those under the boot tab regarding safe boot and OS to boot.

Boot Windows and launch the disk management tool. Post a pic of the screen showing the drive partition arrangement.

It's fine and I should be the one who say sorry and thanks haha.
Attached please find the screenshot of BIOS Boot setting and Secure Boot, and the disk management tool. Thanks for helping me out again!!!

3 screenshots in total.
View attachment BIOS Boot Setting.jpg
BIOS Secure Boot.jpg
iMac Disk Management Tool.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back