Gigabyte GTX970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Haven't started this as of yet as monies are tight at the moment, and I want to make sure that this is even possible before i begin.
Has anyone tried this before? And if so, is it working problem free enough to embark?

The components;

BitFenix Prodigy
i7 4790k
ASUS Z97I-PLUS
Gigabyte GTX970 4gb Mini-ITX
Corsair Hydro H70
Corsair Vengeance PRO 16gb RAM
Plextor PX-G128M6E 128GB M.2
2x Samsung EVO 128gb SSD

This will be my 3rd hack build and i haven't used Clover before.

I have another build that i am using as a htpc and it has really been a beast for a couple of years. But as the new ATV has App Store and Plex , i am going to retire my hack mini :D

Any advice, or if you have a similar setup and want to share your experience, would be appreciated.

If you are going to install Windows on one drive and OSX on the other is not a real dual boot, as dual boot means both OSes are installed on the same drive. RAIDing 2 SSDs in Windows means squat as they will not be faster in terms of feel, but just a bit slower actually, because the PCH will introduce some latencies, I know this from own experience with 2 SSDs on Z87/Z97. Yeah, sure you will have bragging rights to 1GB/s transfers in most tests, but real life experience is NOT earth shattering. Better stay with AHCI access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back