EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Superclocked ACX Video Card
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I have a 10.10.1 (Yosemite) that I built a while back, and want to test and try El Capitan. Before I do that, how do I do a dual boot on an empty external hard drive and test El Capitan to ensure all is working before migrating. It's been awhile since I did this, so any articles/step-by-step guides I can use out there?

I've already tried installing El Capitan on the EHD, but I can't boot into the EHD after the restart for the install. I'm assuming it's because clover isn't installed on the EHD and doesn't recognize the EHD?

Thanks for all the help!

If you're using Clover then boot to your OSX (Clover Drive) and choose the Ext. HD from the GUI.

If you're using Clover then boot to your OSX (Clover Drive) and choose the Ext. HD from the GUI.

It's not an available option in the Clover boot screen GUI. Should I install Clover on the EHD?

Set in config.plist: GUI>Scan>Legacy <true/>

Additionally you could disconnect to Yos drive, do clean install using Unibeast to the new drive, work through getting OSX up and running and then use Migration Assistant to bring your apps and data from the old drive...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back