DSDT Database: Non-Gigabyte Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
qury said:
Methanoid said:
qury said:
Hi,
I have a z68m-itx/ht.
However i'm new to the hackintosh scene. So i need some guidance.
If you let me know what you need and how i can get it for you i would be happy to help.

I was trying to install osx retail (10.6.3) with iboot however i get an error right after the start (acpi whatever....)

Great. http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=12854#p12854 has details. Post it here when done and hopefully MacMan or some other local "God" will fix it for us mortals ;)

Hi

I was looking at the guide and there is a small problem...

On my linux system there is no /proc/acpi/dsdt file or directory
I've tried it under Ubuntu live and my standard Slackware 13.37 install as well.

Is there any other way?

I could dump everything that i have there once i go home.

No other way I know but which line barfed?

Hi,
this is the zotac h67 itx-c-e dsdt with a description of the made fixes
BIOS Version 2K110610
VOILA

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    26.8 KB · Views: 181
  • dsdt.dsl
    239.6 KB · Views: 186
  • dsdt fixes final.rtf
    7.7 KB · Views: 278
So with this Zotac ITX ITX DSDT can I have a functional Asrock Z68 ITX? I am asking it because I am about to buy a motherboard to build a hack mini and this Asrock is so superior to the GA H67 ITX that I am in a catch 22. Same price, same size, but the Asrock has overclocking capability. Anyway, it would be great if the forum people could come with a DSDT for this Asrock.

veraguth said:
So with this Zotac ITX ITX DSDT can I have a functional Asrock Z68 ITX? I am asking it because I am about to buy a motherboard to build a hack mini and this Asrock is so superior to the GA H67 ITX that I am in a catch 22. Same price, same size, but the Asrock has overclocking capability. Anyway, it would be great if the forum people could come with a DSDT for this Asrock.

Well I'm sure many people would like this DSDT done but it needs someone who owns or buys the board to upload a virgin DSDT and then ask one of the big boys for help ;)

Thanks. I understand now. I think I will buy the motherboard in November. It is when I am planning to build my new computer. The shop has a returning policy of 30 days so I can see if we can get a working DSDT meanwhile. It is worthy to give a try.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    76.6 KB · Views: 116
Asus Sabertooth x58 Unmodified files. I don't know how to patch yet, so these are original. Running 1304 Bios, 6gb 3x2gb ram with Core i7 920 overclock to 3.4ghz installed. Also gtx285 installed.

I am trying to find a tutorial to patch DSDT and if I am patch it, will post modified files.

Attachments

• Sabertooth x58 Original.zip
    149.5 KB · Views: 110
Can someone give some advice on how to edit this file for the best performance on my Lion install?

Thanks
Erik

Specs: EVGA e760 Bios 83 intel 980x 5970 and 5870

Attachments

• dsdt EVGA 141-BL-E760 BIOS 83.dsl
    290.4 KB · Views: 123
Just figured i'd post that I am interested in the ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT as well. I wish gigabyte didnt drop their z68 mini-itx project ;(

are there any articles on what is required to actually modify the vanilla .dsdt file? if someone points me in the right direction i'll get down and dirty with hex

Re: DSDT Database: Supermicro Atom 330 Server

This is the DSDT which I developed and am using on my Supermicro 330 Atom 1U server product on Lion 10.7.2 and Server Lion 10.7.2 (retail versions, as purchased from the Apple Store).

It has been extensively tested with both. Also, obviously, Lion 10.7 and Server Lion 10.7.

No sound device is provided as the Supermicro Atom 330 Server doesn't have an on-mobo codec.

However, I'm sure you could provide sound using a USB 2.0 dongle.

Video is by the product's on-mobo GMA950 and it works with all resolutions and CI and QE. Video quality actually appears to be better than some 8400GSes. I always run 1920 x 1200 and 60 Hz on my displays.

The Guide is as follows:

Guide for Installing Lion On a Supermicro Atom 330 Server

(X7SLA-H is preferred as it has dual gigabit E-net LANs and other features), but this Guide will probably work for others, too.

1) Find and download tonymacx86's UniBeast 1.0.0,

2) Build the USB flash drive according to instructions,

3) Find and download mach_kernel_atom.10.7.1,

4) Use showallfiles application and select SHOW,

5) Move mach_kernel_atom.10.7.1 to root of USB flash drive (do not touch mach_kernel),

6) Move my Supermicro Atom 330 DSDT to the /Extra folder within the USB flash drive,

7) Edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist, as required, to include the following …

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel_atom.10.7.1</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

8) Use showallfiles application and select HIDE,

9) Boot the Supermicro Atom 330 using the modified USB flash drive (this may take a LONG time),

10) Use Disk Utility to partition the hard drive; a 1 GB, 1.5 GB or 2 GB hard drive is recommended; initially define two 20 GB partitions as Server Lion and Server Lion Backup and the entire remainder as Server Lion Data; all should be Mac OS Extended (Journaled),

11) Install MacOS X Lion on the first partition,

12) after MacOS X installation has completed, restart into the BIOS,

13) Select the just installed hard drive partition and boot it using the USB flash drive as a "helper" partition,

14) Run the MultiBeast for Lion application; select whatever options make the most sense to you, but be sure to select the Lnx2Mac gigabit E-net driver (the X7SLA-H has two of these),

15) Move the mach_kernel_atom.10.7.1 to the root of the target system and make the same changes to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist as were made before,

16) Optionally, run the 10.7.2 Combo Update,

17) Remove the UniBeast flash drive and reboot into the hard drive,

18) The installation is completed.

19) Launch the (Lion) Server application to install the Server Lion upgrade, if desired (this may take a LONG time, too).

Enjoy!

P.S. The Supermicro Atom 330 1U Server product is available from NewEgg as ...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6816101262

... and NewEgg also stocks the dual 2.5" hard drive bracket which mounts in the space of the 3.5" drive and replaces it. These items may be available elsewhere.

This product is occasionally available as an "open box" item for about one-half the stated price. I built my Supermicro Atom 330 Server using just such an "open box" item. The SKU for an "open box" item is N82E16816101262R.

The Supermicro Atom 330 has a 945GC Northbridge which theoretically supports 4 GB, but the DSDT which Supermicro supplies only supports 2 GB. Plugging 2 x 2 GB = 4 GB into the Supermicro will result in the BIOS recognizing the 4 GB, but MacOS X will not POST. I am presently working on a possible DSDT enhancement to support 4 GB. No promises, however. 1 x 2 GB = 2 GB or 2 x 1 GB = 2 GB do work, however.

The Supermicro Atom 330 also has an ICH7R Southbridge and four usable SATA ports, two of which are usable internally and the remaining two which could be used externally with the proper iSATA-to-eSATA cable and bracket kit, available elsewhere. The ICH7R supports RAID configurations.

Update: the supplied DSDT is correct for 2 GB of RAM, as that is the Supermicro specified system environment.

However, it is theoretically possible to configure 1 GB, 2 GB, 3 GB or 4 GB as the Supermicro's 945GC Northbridge is one of the rare 945-type Northbridges which actually supports more than 2 GB.

This particular DSDT hard-codes the amount of RAM for at least the OS RAM and possibly also for the VRAM, which is shared with the OS RAM.

It is the best practice to install the maximum configuration which you intend to operate with, then then use Ubuntu to grab the "raw" DSDT and then, and only then, to install the mods which are necessary for MacOS X Lion support.

The first part takes care of the "physical" aspects of a Supermicro Atom 330 Hackintosh. The second part takes care of the "logical" aspects of a Supermicro Atom 330 Hackintosh.

As expected, the "physical" aspects can change with the physically installed, or specified, configuration. Also as expected, the "logical" aspects do not change.

Should you use my DSDT and then install other than 2 GB (supported are 1 x 2 GB = 2 GB or 2 x 1 GB = 2 GB, then this distinction really doesn't matter), you may be courting serious problems, namely failure to successfully boot MacOS X Lion.

However, I can absolutely report that the 945GC chip, which Intel states supports up to 4 GB, actually DOES support 4 GB, and it can be made to support 4 GB on MacOS X Lion.

Heck, it probably also supports 1 GB and 3 GB as well, but I did not test those configurations, and my DSDT does not support those configurations nor the 4 GB configuration, either.

The DSDT is complete in each and every respect for MacOS X Lion and Server Lion, any version, using the mach_kernel_atom.10.7.1.

However, it is correct only for 2 GB of RAM, either 2 x 1 GB = 2 GB or 1 x 2 GB = 2 GB.

Testing with 2 x 2 GB = 4 GB resulted in a (/) icon (MacOS X boot failed).

This failure was traced to one statement, only, within the DSDT and the fix is very easy, and has been proven at least for both 2 GB and 4 GB configurations.

Here are the known good values for 64 MB of shared VRAM (each one has been tested):

1) for 2 GB, the very first OperationRegion statement should specify 0x7F7AE064,

2) for 4 GB, the very first OperationRegion statement should specify 0xDF7AE064,

3) for 1 GB, the very first OperationRegion statement should specify 0x3F7AE064 * , and

4) for 3 GB, the very first OperationRegion statement should specify 0xBF7AE064 * .

NO OTHER CHANGES are necessary to the Supermicro Atom 330 DSDT as I have provided it, above.

* Corrected 11/18/2011.

Update for 1GB RAM and 2 GB RAM.

I have now tested 1GB and 3 GB configurations, and the results are positive.

1 GB works, but is probably too small for general purpose use and, of course, 3 GB will also inhibit dual-channel mode as the two sticks are of disparate size.

I have provided downloadable 1 GB, 2 GB, 3 GB and 4 GB DSDTs for the Supermicro Atom 330 Server product, each of which has been tested, and I am concluding my testing at this point.

I have tested the various 2 GB configurations (claimed by both Supermicro AND NewEgg as the maximum possible configuration) and the 4 GB configuration (claimed, without proof, by Intel as the maximum possible configuration, but confirmed by my testing) and each works without any issues.

This "hack" is, therefore, completed, in my eyes.

FWIW, I have all four DSDTs in my /Extra folder.

To boot with 1 GB installed, add the boot argument DSDT="1GB-dsdt.aml".

To boot with 2 GB installed, add the boot argument DSDT="2GB-dsdt.aml".

To boot with 3 GB installed, add the boot argument DSDT="3GB-dsdt.aml".

To boot with 4 GB installed, add the boot argument DSDT="4GB-dsdt.aml".

Of course, this will require renaming the various DSDTs.

As 4 GB is my standard configuration, the default DSDT, dsdt.aml, is the 4 GB DSDT.

Were 2 GB to be my standard configuration, the default DSDT, dsdt.aml, would be the 2 GB DSDT.

For FUTURE reference, it is the best practice to grab the "raw" DSDT using the intended physical configuration, lest one get bitten in the a$$ by this or a similar issue. For each RAM configuration (1 GB, 2 GB, 3 GB or 4 GB), the very first OperationRegion statement is different.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    21.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Supermicro Atom 330 Server DSDT.AMLs.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back