1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm stuck on my Hackintosh build and could use a nudge.

1 - The target hardware: ASUS x299 TUF Mk 2, i7-7820x, M2.NVME - ASUS RX 5700 XT Radeon

2 - My sources:
Unibeast 10.0.1
Catalina from Apple Store (circa April 10th, 2020)
Multibeast 12.1.0
Clover r5112

Kingston Data Traveller USB 3.0, 16 GB

3 - Setting up for Install

I flashed the bios to the latest version from ASUS/AMI = 2.17.1246 (2020)

BIOS Checklist
[x] VT-d = disabled
[ ] CFG-lock { couldn't find it }
[ ] Secure Boot Mode { couldn't find it }
[x] OS Type = other OS
[x] on-board serial port = disabled
[ ] XCHI handoff ... but the Advanced\USB Configuration pane reads in uneditable grey
USB Configuration
USB Module Version 23
USB Controllers: 2 XHCIs
USB Devices: 1 Dave, 1 Keyboard, 1 Mouse

4 - Symptoms

@First Try: At Clover Screen, Boot macOS from Install macOS Catalina
The Apple Logo w/progress bar that started to move then progressively more slowly ... 20 mins later it was full and not doing anything.

@Second Try: After going through all of the BIOS to look for the things I didn't find the first time -- to no avail, I got the same result

[QUESTION] How long should the Apple Logo and progress bar be on the screen? Do I just need to wait for an hour? It is plugged into a USB 3 port on the mother board -- try a different port?

@n-th Try: Spacebar at Clover, [x] -v, verbose & I note that [x] Set Nvidia to VESA was already checked

... the system stops (sooner than what I describe in FirstTry) at the following line
[ PCI configuration end, bridges 11, devices 101 ]
I'm attaching a photo.

@n-th + 1 Try: Spacebar at Clover [x] verbose & [x] Safe mode
... seems to be stopped at the same spot, same final line -- but there are some differences. I attach a second screen shot.

[QUESTION] I'm very keen to get this build to work -- Does anyone see something obviously wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 8.55.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 8.55.51 AM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 9.08.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 9.08.46 AM.png
    15.4 MB · Views: 77
I've been trying to read on the forum where others are having a similar problem, but I'm still stuck.

The process gets to the line "Kext com.apple.filsystems.apfs is already loaded" and stops.

I found a hint in another post that the next thing involves the graphic card extension, but I'm not sure of this. I've got an RX5700 XT, which I thought was supported. Do I need to modify the .plist or find a kext?

Any help would be welcome.

I've been trying to read on the forum where others are having a similar problem, but I'm still stuck.

The process gets to the line "Kext com.apple.filsystems.apfs is already loaded" and stops.

I found a hint in another post that the next thing involves the graphic card extension, but I'm not sure of this. I've got an RX5700 XT, which I thought was supported. Do I need to modify the .plist or find a kext?

Any help would be welcome.
search for apfs 1689

I'm stuck on my Hackintosh build and could use a nudge.

1 - The target hardware: ASUS x299 TUF Mk 2, i7-7820x, M2.NVME - ASUS RX 5700 XT Radeon

2 - My sources:
Unibeast 10.0.1
Catalina from Apple Store (circa April 10th, 2020)
Multibeast 12.1.0
Clover r5112

Kingston Data Traveller USB 3.0, 16 GB

3 - Setting up for Install

I flashed the bios to the latest version from ASUS/AMI = 2.17.1246 (2020)

BIOS Checklist
[x] VT-d = disabled
[ ] CFG-lock { couldn't find it }
[ ] Secure Boot Mode { couldn't find it }
[x] OS Type = other OS
[x] on-board serial port = disabled
[ ] XCHI handoff ... but the Advanced\USB Configuration pane reads in uneditable grey
USB Configuration
USB Module Version 23
USB Controllers: 2 XHCIs
USB Devices: 1 Dave, 1 Keyboard, 1 Mouse

4 - Symptoms

@First Try: At Clover Screen, Boot macOS from Install macOS Catalina
The Apple Logo w/progress bar that started to move then progressively more slowly ... 20 mins later it was full and not doing anything.

@Second Try: After going through all of the BIOS to look for the things I didn't find the first time -- to no avail, I got the same result

[QUESTION] How long should the Apple Logo and progress bar be on the screen? Do I just need to wait for an hour? It is plugged into a USB 3 port on the mother board -- try a different port?

@n-th Try: Spacebar at Clover, [x] -v, verbose & I note that [x] Set Nvidia to VESA was already checked

... the system stops (sooner than what I describe in FirstTry) at the following line
[ PCI configuration end, bridges 11, devices 101 ]
I'm attaching a photo.

@n-th + 1 Try: Spacebar at Clover [x] verbose & [x] Safe mode
... seems to be stopped at the same spot, same final line -- but there are some differences. I attach a second screen shot.

[QUESTION] I'm very keen to get this build to work -- Does anyone see something obviously wrong?

search for apfs 1689
I've chased three of the "solved" solutions this search turns up without discernible progress. Is there a troubleshooting mechanism that is less haphazard?

I think I've followed the applicable solutions that have worked for others in the category of "hangs on apfs 1689"

I'm attaching the current EFI to see if someone can spot something obvious.

Does anyone do consulting support? I would like to get over the hurdle.

Attachments

• EFI-200418-3.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
I think I've followed the applicable solutions that have worked for others in the category of "hangs on apfs 1689"

Hi there.

*Please* bear in mind soliciting paid help will probably result in a site suspension. It's against policy and the site Rules.

Okay, double check your uploaded EFI. I downloaded it but it was mostly just resource forks. (May be my tablet...).

The "1689" solution is simple and easy. No trace in your EFI etc.

Once past this we can move on and help further :thumbup:

your FakeSMC* kexts should be removed

also your kexts should be in the clover/kexts/other folder

your FakeSMC* kexts should be removed

also your kexts should be in the clover/kexts/other folder

Thanks. Not at my desk. Working on an old Android tablet. The zip only contained " ._ " files visible to me. :thumbup: Back later...

I move the kexts from clover/kexts/10.15 to clover/kexts/other
I'm still stuck on the same spot. I built another new usb, verified the bios settings with the same result as my first post.

I attach the current EFI that is hanging.

I also saw in another troubleshooting thread to have clover build the ACPI/origin directory. I attach those results too in case they reveal something about my hardware. The are *not* in the EFI that is halting on apfs 1689.

Attachments

• EFI-200418-4.zip
    1,004.5 KB · Views: 24
  • myACPI-Origin-clover-F4.zip
    204.7 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back