Register

Does my setup ok with hackintosh?

Motherboard
ASRock Z790 Pro RS
CPU
i5 13600K
Graphics
RTX 4070Ti
I have i5 13600K, ASRock Z790 Pro RS motherboard and RTX 4070Ti with DDR5 32GB 6000MHz ram. Can I run hackintosh with this build? If I can which versions? Will I have any issues after setup etc.

I have i5 13600K, ASRock Z790 Pro RS motherboard and RTX 4070Ti with DDR5 32GB 6000MHz ram. Can I run hackintosh with this build? If I can which versions? Will I have any issues after setup etc.

Hi there.

Your graphics card - RTX 4070 - is not supported in any version of macOS. Nor is your CPU's iGPU.

The best way forward is with a recent AMD graphics card.

:)

Find a list of all the supported AMD cards in the PDF attached to this post.

If you go with an RX560, avoid the XFX brand as it would need a Vbios flash.
Also true for many of the RX580s used in mining rigs. The BIOS is often changed in those cards.

Find a list of all the supported AMD cards in the PDF attached to this post.

If you go with an RX560, avoid the XFX brand as it would need a Vbios flash.
Also true for many of the RX580s used in mining rigs. The BIOS is often changed in those cards.

Which GPU do you recommend? Which one should I buy? And can I run my PC (windows + hackintosh) while both GPU installed?

I mean when PC starting I want to choose which OS to go with and GPU will be selected based on this, is this possible?

Which GPU do you recommend?
If keeping the 4070 Ti installed for gaming, get something lower end for macOS. Rx 6600 would work. Could get a WX5100 if you only want to use one slot. Depends on how much graphics power you need in macOS.
can I run my PC (windows + hackintosh) while both GPU installed?
Yes, many people do this. Use an SSDT to disable Nvidia while in macOS.
is this possible?
Yes.

Back