Contribute
Register

Does Intel's New X79 Support Lion? [SOCKET 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered an ASUS P9X79 Deluxe motherboard and already have an Intel Core i7 3930K. I might want to give this a try but I have my doubt's about being able to get this working correctly with OS X Lion.

Octavean said:
Just ordered an ASUS P9X79 Deluxe motherboard and already have an Intel Core i7 3930K. I might want to give this a try but I have my doubt's about being able to get this working correctly with OS X Lion.
What board did you have before the P9X79 for the 3930K?
You should have been able to also get that working, no?
There are several forum members who successfully installed on the asus board.
see this thread for example...

psydafke said:
Octavean said:
What board did you have before the P9X79 for the 3930K?
You should have been able to also get that working, no?
There are several forum members who successfully installed on the asus board.
see this thread for example...

The ASUS P9X79 Deluxe is the first and only board for the Core i7 3930K. I just ment that I didn't buy all the hardware at the same time. I bought the 3930K from Microcenter for ~$499.99. I ordered the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe from Amazon (the other day) because I had a ~$207 coupon which made the board about ~$150 or ~$160-ish.

BTW, Microcenter has the Sandy Bridge-E Core i7 3820 for ~$229.99. That's a really good price IMO.

Also while I am sure it's possible I just had my concerns about my ability to get it working.

I hope Mountain Lion has even better support for the X79 / Sandy Bridge-E platform.

psydafke said:

Not quite sure what this brings to the table. My CPU is marked as unknown and speed is now 3.81 despite a 4.2 OC.

Built in Audio is recognised in system profiler but not in AMS.....

Not sure I can see anything else. I'm using a imac smbios....would I be better off using a different one?

i have an Asus X79 Sabertooth board. problem is with USB 3.0. i installed the kext from multibeast 4.3.2, it works, but it drops out. which is VERY problematic for large video files. anybody have any insight as to why it's doing this?

So much for the rebooting/restarting, kext didn't work.

Any fixes for Bluetooth?

is firewire (1394)_ working????please let us know

FireWire does work on Asus P9x79-WS with 10.6.8 probably will work with Lion also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back