Contribute
Register

Does Intel's New X79 Support Lion? [SOCKET 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
damniatx said:
if you guys have asus motherboard, and running with all default settings. you can try to enable epu on the bios. this will allow multiplier to go down to 12x. now i have two multiplier. 12x and 36x.

Nice news ! :headbang:

Also i need other config ? like delete a nullcpu or other ??

Thanks !

Edit:

Yeees ! in my 3930k i have 12x and 32x now !

Pd. Which Cpu have you ? because i only reach to 32x not the 39x of the turbo mode.

I don't need delete any kext.

sea_man said:
damniatx said:
if you guys have asus motherboard, and running with all default settings. you can try to enable epu on the bios. this will allow multiplier to go down to 12x. now i have two multiplier. 12x and 36x.

Nice news ! :headbang:

Also i need other config ? like delete a nullcpu or other ??

Thanks !

Edit:

Yeees ! in my 3930k i have 12x and 32x now !

Pd. Which Cpu have you ? because i only reach to 32x not the 39x of the turbo mode.

I don't need delete any kext.

no need to delete nullcpu. :D i use i7 3820.

damniatx said:

Ok ! your cpu will reach to 36x and 38x in turbo , this is because your 36x , mine is limited to 32x and 38x in turbo in stock mode.

Again thanks ! my cpu is working more fresh now !

sea_man said:
damniatx said:

Ok ! your cpu will reach to 36x and 38x in turbo , this is because your 36x , mine is limited to 32x and 38x in turbo in stock mode.

woa, i didn't know the turboboost works. thanks for that.

damniatx said:
sea_man said:
damniatx said:

woa, i didn't know the turboboost works. thanks for that.

Sorry , my mistake... the Turbo mode don't work whit this config.. only the base multi and lower IE: 12x and 32x in my cpu.

I am looking at building a hackintosh now and debating between ivy bridge 3770k/z77 build or an SB-E 3930k/x79 build. What's the latest on the socket 2011 3930k/x79 hackintosh computability? Is it is a major PIA?

Would I be better off going with z77 Ivy Bridge (I know it's new, but in the long run?)

I only have my build for around a week, and it's runs great the only features i don't have is the intelpowermanagement, and turboboost. it's really bad if you also overclocking, the fan in my power supply was really loud. it hurts my ears.

I think it's much better for you to choose ivy bridge since it used by apple( macbook, macbook pro just updated with IV). you will have more support ( driver and etc).
just my 2 cent.

maffel said:
polobear said:
Did someone of our honored x79 users try the sleepenabler kext from

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler ?

My GA-X79-UD3 sleeps...and wakes up!!!

Works for me as well (p9x79).
I'm looking into another Hackintosh build, so I have to ask:
Does this SleepEnabler.kext only work for these two X79 mobos or can it work on any other?
Does it need a DSDT?
Does it work with Lion 10.7.4 or only 10.7.3?

polobear said:
Did someone of our honored x79 users try the sleepenabler kext from

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler ?

My GA-X79-UD3 sleeps...and wakes up!!!
My R4E sleeps but wakes immediately. An improvement from going into a no responsive state and having to hard boot, but I wouldn't exactly say it works. I may need to look into other things to set properly. Are you saying your system doesn't wake till you tell it to?

I think you shouldn't during the compatibility and stable like Z68 chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back