Register

Does Intel's New X79 Support Lion? [SOCKET 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all who posted the guides :thumbup:

Now i have my new machine working !

I hope enjoy of the speedstep soon :)

Anyone using OS X 10.7.4 yet,....?

Also, anyone get ALC898 audio working? If so how so? ALC898 edited Lion AppleHDA.kext looks like a possible solution but It looks like it is for dsdt installs. Not sure?

Octavean said:

Also, anyone get ALC898 audio working? If so how so? ALC898 edited Lion AppleHDA.kext looks like a possible solution but It looks like it is for dsdt installs. Not sure?

Yes 10.7.4 running fine my side, all stable.

Check in your bios, there is an option for HD/PCH Audio, Mine only works when I select PCH (I think it says PCH, something like that :))

mitchellk said:
Octavean said:

Check in your bios, there is an option for HD/PCH Audio, Mine only works when I select PCH (I think it says PCH, something like that :))

Really,…?

Thanks for the input.

I don’t recall seeing anything like that in your screenshots of your golden build though. The Sabertooth UEFI is very similar to the P9X79 Deluxe.

All I can recall about audio in the UEFI was “Azalia HD Audio (Enabled / Disable) and “Front Panel Type (HD / AC95)“ under “Advanced\ Onboard Devices Configuration”.

So I guess I’m not really sure what you mean.

***edit***

BTW, what program(s) are you using to indicate CPU utilization, thermals and disc activity in your screen shots?

Octavean said:
mitchellk said:
Octavean said:

Really,…?

Thanks for the input.

I don’t recall seeing anything like that in your screenshots of your golden build though. The Sabertooth UEFI is very similar to the P9X79 Deluxe.

All I can recall about audio in the UEFI was “Azalia HD Audio (Enabled / Disable) and “Front Panel Type (HD / AC95)“ under “Advanced\ Onboard Devices Configuration”.

So I guess I’m not really sure what you mean.

***edit***

BTW, what program(s) are you using to indicate CPU utilization, thermals and disc activity in your screen shots?

Hi octavean

- The stats program is called iStats Menus, very cool.

- Sabertooth is using the ALC892, at one point I lost audio after an update and could not get it back until I went into bios and changed that option to AC95. I need to re-test with it set to HD again and make 100% sure and will then update my build info if necessary.

I notice your audio is ALC898 which Multibeast 4.5.1 has now.

Try with multibeast 4.5.1 the following:
-ALC8xxHDA
-AppleHDA Rollback
-ALC898 (Non-DSDT)

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I've tried multi beast 4.5.2 using:
-ALC8xxHDA
-AppleHDA Rollback
-ALC898 (Non-DSDT)

Audio still doesn't work. However, under audio its listed as "Audio ID 892". I know I opted for 898 though. Not sure why it shows up as 892. Is there a way to manually wipe the audio settings and try again. Right now I am using USB audio and it works but I would rather get the motherboard audio working.

I also seem to be having a problem with Flash video not playing. I wonder if it has anything to do with the audio issue.

Octavean said:
Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I've tried multi beast 4.5.2 using:
-ALC8xxHDA
-AppleHDA Rollback
-ALC898 (Non-DSDT)

Audio still doesn't work. However, under audio its listed as "Audio ID 892". I know I opted for 898 though. Not sure why it shows up as 892. Is there a way to manually wipe the audio settings and try again. Right now I am using USB audio and it works but I would rather get the motherboard audio working.

I also seem to be having a problem with Flash video not playing. I wonder if it has anything to do with the audio issue.

Octavean, what motherboard are you using? is it the GA-P35C-DS3R like in your specs?

I recently purchased Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3, Intel Core i7 3820 @ 3.60 GHz, AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 7750, 16 GB memory Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (4x4GB) and an SSD 120GB SATA3 Corsair Force3 hard disk.

First rule of hackintosh building: Choose components that are known to work. Looking at your list I would immediately point out the 7750 as probably a massive problem to make work. Take a look at this page for a list of OS X supported video cards. I recommend the HD 6870; but anything from this page will be fine:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back