Contribute
Register

Does Intel's New X79 Support Lion? [SOCKET 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hans88 said:
Please can you tell me how you did and with which bootloader you managed to install LION?? I cant get it working on my ASUS P9X79 DELUXE!! Thanks.

Multibeast 4.3.2, using the Easybeast method. See my build in Golden Builds for a walk through.

Dose ASRock X79 Extreme4 + i7 3820 can make it ??? :banghead: i see most of the motherboards are ASUS and Gigabyte !

I finally got my Rampage IV Extreme build post up. Hope it's useful to some of you!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=58573

Thanks for everyone's help getting this beast built.

geekbench.jpg

Re: If intel new X79 support lion?

mickguz said:
I'm trying to build an X79 / 3930K hackintosh. I have an Intel DX79SI motherboard and am having no luck with it. I can get Lion to barely run, mouse pointer is very slow and programs freeze with windows half open. I'm thinking of returning this motherboard and getting either an Asus X79P79 or a Gigabyte X79-UD5. Any recommendations or advice anyone can give me on either of these motherboards? I've had good luck with Gigabyte on other builds but I wonder if I'm asking for trouble with the X79.

Thanks

This issue is because the TSC of cores is out of Sync
Try this one on Extra/Extensions Folder.
VoodooTSCSync.kext

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodootscsync/

Using cpus=1 flag may work tooVoodooTSCSync.kext.zip

Attachments

• VoodooTSCSync.kext.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 90
Re: If intel new X79 support lion?

cjuniorfox said:
mickguz said:
I'm trying to build an X79 / 3930K hackintosh. I have an Intel DX79SI motherboard and am having no luck with it. I can get Lion to barely run, mouse pointer is very slow and programs freeze with windows half open. I'm thinking of returning this motherboard and getting either an Asus X79P79 or a Gigabyte X79-UD5. Any recommendations or advice anyone can give me on either of these motherboards? I've had good luck with Gigabyte on other builds but I wonder if I'm asking for trouble with the X79.

Thanks

This issue is because the TSC of cores is out of Sync
Try this one on Extra/Extensions Folder.
VoodooTSCSync.kext

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodootscsync/

Using cpus=1 flag may work tooVoodooTSCSync.kext.zip

thanks!

I read UEFI Gigabyte BIOS don't need to use DSDT???
That true??

I have my hackintosh working perfectly, asus pro and 3930k.

I can't get it to restart, shut down, or boot. Those are my only issues. Scanned through this thread and couldn't find an answer.

IF anyone knows please don't hesitate to help.

Thanks!

markgerazzi said:
I have my hackintosh working perfectly, asus pro and 3930k.

I can't get it to restart, shut down, or boot. Those are my only issues. Scanned through this thread and couldn't find an answer.

IF anyone knows please don't hesitate to help.

Thanks!
Hi,

Try the evoreboot.kext from MultiBeast. Should work for restart/shutdown.

I actually skimmed a bit more and saw somebodies post about that kext. I googled and downloaded it, it didn't say anything about being part of multibeast, but I assume there's only one.

any alternatives?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back