Contribute
Register

Does anyone have Sierra working on the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get it to boot without the USB by copying/overwriting the EFI folder from my USB installation media to the EFI partition of the disk that I had installed Sierra on. As soon as I did this, the motherboard's bios gave me the option to boot from UEFI: Sandisk whatever whatever model. Now I'm just fighting with Nvidia and Realtek audio drivers.

I was able to get it to boot without the USB by copying/overwriting the EFI folder from my USB installation media to the EFI partition of the disk that I had installed Sierra on.

Which means that earlier you were not installed on EFI partition.

Now I'm just fighting with Nvidia and Realtek audio drivers.

Update your build's hardware details under Personal Details section in the below format (Link is available on the upper right side of this website). So that members can avoid scroll back to your first post for finding your hardware configuration.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover Legacy/Clover UEFI/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Rev:1.0 (BIOS: F6) (CLOVER UEFI)
CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-6700
Graphics : Gigabyte GTX 970 WINDFORCE / Intel® HD Graphics 530

For Enabling Audio : Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Audo Troubleshooting Guides,
1. No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]
2. No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

If you want to enable your GPU, then you need to install NVIDIA Web Driver.

In case if you don’t know which version of web driver required for your OS X version, please provide output of below command.
Code:
sw_vers

Once you installed web driver, make sure that you had changed NvidiaWeb to true under SystemParameters section of your config.plist file. See below,

Code:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
       <key>InjectKexts</key>
       <string>YES</string>
       <key>InjectSystemID</key>
       <true/>
       <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
       <true/>
    </dict>

Then follow below steps,
1. Disable INTEL and NVIDIA injection on your config.plist
2. Remove nv_disable=1 flag from config.plist (If used)
3. Disable Intergrated Graphics on BIOS.
4. Set PCIe as your first display output device on BIOS.

Hi Guys,
Not getting to stage 1 with my build.
Really struggling to replicate anyone's results with Z170N-WIFI, SSD, HD530 onboard graphics.
Done unibeast, got USB stick with Sierra installer;
Installed on SATA SSD ok, booted with USB, and gone through installation process
Rebooted to do the Multibeast part, set the UEFI / Network / HD530 (and a dozen other options in various combinations) but always get same result when booting from the SSD, fails to boot & gives me this screen, with the only word I can fathom "graphics" in the middle of it. Yet the USB into SSD always works, but not the right answer.
Tried it with & without the HD530 graphics option in multibeast, always same result.
view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6cru7d_b8L1dV80QzZPb2t6YjQ/view?usp=sharing

I'm clearly missing something, despite reading dozens of threads, and trying several different methods, with varying results.
I would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction please, as there are so many conflicting suggestions, and none have worked for me...
Many thanks in advance.
elsalvador

Hi Guys,
Not getting to stage 1 with my build.
Really struggling to replicate anyone's results with Z170N-WIFI, SSD, HD530 onboard graphics.
Done unibeast, got USB stick with Sierra installer;
Installed on SATA SSD ok, booted with USB, and gone through installation process
Rebooted to do the Multibeast part, set the UEFI / Network / HD530 (and a dozen other options in various combinations) but always get same result when booting from the SSD, fails to boot & gives me this screen, with the only word I can fathom "graphics" in the middle of it. Yet the USB into SSD always works, but not the right answer.
Tried it with & without the HD530 graphics option in multibeast, always same result.
view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6cru7d_b8L1dV80QzZPb2t6YjQ/view?usp=sharing

I'm clearly missing something, despite reading dozens of threads, and trying several different methods, with varying results.
I would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction please, as there are so many conflicting suggestions, and none have worked for me...
Many thanks in advance.
elsalvador

Please upload picture/screen shot here and avoid external links.

I just want to know what are the options you had selected on MultiBeast instead of saying a dozen other options.

Do a fresh install and a post screen shot of your MultiBeast selection before installing it on SSD. So i/someone can guide you further.

Hi Jithin.C.V.
Sorry, couldn't figure out how to add picture locally, so did my usual "ooh I can work around that" ;-)
Just tried drag & drop - that worked!
Thanks for the assist, I've continued to experiment (lots) to try & work out what's going on & I've made a lot of progress...I will write this up more fully soon because it's a combination of different notes from all sorts of different places, so seems fair to combine all the relevant info from all the places I gleaned it. (Once I've done it a couple more times to make sure I understand).

What's working:
Video now no longer kernel-panics, because the BIOS now has a whole bunch of memory allocated to IGFX, so it now boots successfully...(I knew it was only a small step missing.)
So Multibeast +
Audio now working - Multibeast RealTEK ALCxxx 100 Series Audio setting (ALC1150 seemed OK in El Capitan, but not Sierra).
Graphics - Intel HD530 natively, with BIOS set to IGFX and minimum 512Meg pre-allocated & MAX as maximum allowed.
NVME disk is also working, easier than I thought, using the KernelAndKextPatches from here and a text editor, at the right time & in the right order & without typos etc.
Took me a long while to understand some of what CloverEditor was doing, and how to use it, still not 100% sure!
Nvme disk is working, read 2Gbps, wrote about 1Gbps, surprising, but satisfying at last.

Outstanding tasks:
1st boot always kernel-panics, sometimes 2nd as well, but then boots OK. All I got from the screen was "fault CR2" but it's not a show-stopper, so maybe later.
Screen has a glitch in top left, by the apple menu, but again not a show-stopper.
Don't want WiFi, but may consider BT, as I have a kbd/trackpad...
Want to understand what Multibeast is actually doing as it doesn't seem to overwrite config.plist.

Now on to dual-booting windows, found a note about that on here somewhere...let me just...
Ta
TTFN

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 22.15.37.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 22.15.37.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 127
I've resolved the audio issue with the Intel 530 Multibeast fix and also via the IntelIGFX update in Clover Configurator below.
hd530-fix-1.png
Key is not to install the Realtek ALC1150 driver but only the 100 series audio driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back