2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I found a handful posts with the same problem, but no solution posted anywhere.

My new monitor works great on the Displayport with a 4k resolution if coming from power-down, the resolution is recognized (audio not working yet, but I know there is a thread about HDMI audio I need to go through).

But if I put the computer to sleep and wake it up again, the monitor notices it and powers up, but immediately says then "no signal". The only way to continue then is the power button....

I have a Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H board with onboard Displayport, no graphics card, with Mavericks 10.9.4
I tried Graphics enabler off and on, and set the motherboard BIOS setting to first use "IGFX" (internal graphics), before it was set to the PCie.
All that made no difference.

Did anyone have the same problem and solved it?

Thanks,
Toni

I am having this exact issue with a Samsung U28D590D and a GTX 760. After sleep I get a cursor and black screen - I have tried a bunch of things and nothing is working.

UPDATE: I believe I solved this problem. I ended up getting a IO Gear Bluetooth dongle and since I used that I am having no issues with my dislpay.

Displayport no signal after wake from sleep (things tried so far)

A small update to my post (but without success so far):
- tried the Framebuffer Edits for HD4600 , no change
- found some posts in Asus forums that possibly indicate that it is related to an Intel bug regarding power saving (see here, pointing to here). Applying these hints on a Gigabyte board is not working, because settings like "Internal PLL Voltage" => disabled" or "CPU Voltage = manual" don´t exist in the Gigabyte BIOS.
- still tried and at least updated my Gigabyte UD4H BIOS to version F9.

All that did not help, after sleep, there is no signal on the displayport, I have to kill the machine with Reset or Powerdown.
Regarding the reply from mgnyc11 about the IOGear Bluetooth dongle that solved it: I have such a dongle, does not help.

I have no idea where to continue searching. If it is related to the processor/board nd a certain BIOS setup, it is clear to me that not many have this issue and that not much knowledge is available here.

Anyone with a Gigabyte Z87X board (even better if UD4H) and one monitor (only) connected to the Displayport that works after sleep, I would really appreciate if you could share your BIOS setting or if you made a special change.

Edit: just did more tests with connecting an HDMI cable to the same monitor and then a displayport cable, also using the double-monitor feature of the 34" monitor. I can get a signal on the HDMI again, but even if I use the "Detect displays" option in the monitor preferences, it won´t detect the Displayport again until I really power-cycle.
OS or BIOS problem?

I tried today my display port for the first time and the same thing happened. I had to go back to my dual Dvi
Any updates on this?

Hi,
I found a handful posts with the same problem, but no solution posted anywhere.

My new monitor works great on the Displayport with a 4k resolution if coming from power-down, the resolution is recognized (audio not working yet, but I know there is a thread about HDMI audio I need to go through).

But if I put the computer to sleep and wake it up again, the monitor notices it and powers up, but immediately says then "no signal". The only way to continue then is the power button....

I have a Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H board with onboard Displayport, no graphics card, with Mavericks 10.9.4
I tried Graphics enabler off and on, and set the motherboard BIOS setting to first use "IGFX" (internal graphics), before it was set to the PCie.
All that made no difference.

Did anyone have the same problem and solved it?

Thanks,
Toni

Did you manage to solve this? I'm having the same problem with my Dell P2715Q via DP. I have 4770k and Gigabyte Z87m-d3h. Computer wakes from sleep but the monitor stays black. Unplugging the power cable doesn't work. I have to restart the computer.

Everything worked fine for a long time on my Yosemite install but suddenly one day my monitor decides to go black.

Hi,
yes, in the end I solved it, but to be honest: I don´t know anymore when this specific problem went away.
There were two major problems I had:
- I used a Fusion Drive setup. That brought me all kind of weird problems, it was never stable. I don´t know anymore if this problem in this thread was from that time, but it is possible.
Most (but not all) of my problems disappeared when I gave up on the Fusion Drive, although I loved the easiness and performance. I separated the HDDs, use the SSD for the system and user folders, but moved the space hungry stuff to a 4 TB drive (i.e. pictures, movies, music) and are linking to them with symbolic links.

- the second problem was a through the Displayport cable. I used the one that came with my 35" monitor and got strange effects, I think also blanks but also half of the screen being scrambled.
Only when I finally noticed that this even happened sometimes when booting from a coldstart, I determined it can´t be the MacOS. So I finally found a hint that somebody blamd his cable, I bought a good quality displayport cable and since then I am basically problem-free.

The problem of this thread I never had anymore, I suspect it was connected to all the trouble with the Fusion Drive. I had also used Chameleon once and modified some graphics settings, but I tried so many things I can´t remember it anymore what had helped.
Sorry to be not more of help for you.

Regards,
Toni

Hey Guys, i got the same problem with the cable. My Setup is a Asus Z170i with DP and HDMI output. The Cable brought me to success. Strange... never thought that a cable would hack the tosh... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back