Contribute
Register

Display rotation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I was a little overwhelmed at first but this fix works and makes sense.

Its basically a screen rotation utility that can be run at boot time which will rotate the screen to 0 then to the desired value which fixes the odd rotation bug.

Found the solution on ******: Add this to "kernel and kext Patches"

• Name : com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
  • Find: BA000000 00
  • Replace : BA050000 00
I already gaveup after searching for solution for this problem for a long time but not avail. :confused:
Will check this one out when I go back home. Coz I'm traveling atm. :lol:
Thank you.

Found the solution on ******: Add this to "kernel and kext Patches"

• Name : com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
  • Find: BA000000 00
  • Replace : BA050000 00
It works for my RX580 with dual monitor and one of them is rotated to 90 degree!

Anybody who found a different solution because I still have the same issue. My monitor is rotated 270 degrees.

Anybody who found a different solution because I still have the same issue. My monitor is rotated 270 degrees.
agdpmod=pikera Whatevergreen's Clover boot arg works for me - as advised by the WEG author. Note that it works not all WEG versions - I had no success somewhere between 1.2.1 and 1.2.6 versions (do not remember exactly). Also, I noticed some temporary post-boot display freezing (few seconds) upon installing latest WEG (1.2.7) but it definitely better than running display rotation AppleScript on system launch (I did it before). Hope it helps.

Last edited:
I don't know if any one is still interested but I installed Mojave 10.14.4 today according to a great guide. I have the Radeon RX580 pulse. After removing whatevergreen kext from system/library/extentions and also from EFI - Clover-Kexts-other , then ran Kext Utility, rebooted and my displays ore orienting the way I want them on boot. I have both my monitors plugged in to HDMI ports

It worked after updating from 10.14.3 to 10.14.5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back