Contribute
Register

Display Preferences Pane Not loading in Sierra (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works beautifully. Thanks!

This guide worked perfectly for me except that the screen now is a bit less brigther than before (even if the cursor in the preference pane is setted to max). I noticed the difference since from the first booting after injected the EDID in Clover's plist, while it was still on the white logo and the progress bar was about at 40-50% the monitor suddenly turned a bit less brighter. Any idea?

Yep, the guide worked for me too. But i also noticed a lower brightness in the display and also a worse graphics so this solution for me is not an option.

This guide worked perfectly for me except that the screen now is a bit less brigther than before (even if the cursor in the preference pane is setted to max). I noticed the difference since from the first booting after injected the EDID in Clover's plist, while it was still on the white logo and the progress bar was about at 40-50% the monitor suddenly turned a bit less brighter. Any idea?

Did you implement backlight control?
Note "Problem Reporting"...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 118
No, I didn't (yet). Here attached all my files.
Many thanks.

Low/wrong brightness expected with incorrectly implemented backlight control.

You forgot IntelBacklight.kext. Also, you only need the "Brightness Fix" patch, not the other more complex patches (for IntelBacklight.kext). Read the guide carefully.

Low/wrong brightness expected with incorrectly implemented backlight control.

You forgot IntelBacklight.kext. Also, you only need the "Brightness Fix" patch, not the other more complex patches (for IntelBacklight.kext). Read the guide carefully.

Thanks RehabMan, so if I correctly understand everything seems right (DSDT, SSDT, Clover .plist, etc.) except I must add the "Brightness Fix" and your kext and in Clover I must remove the "AddPNLF in ACPI/DSDT/Fixes". Correct?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back