Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H410m s2h v3
CPU
i5-10400F
Graphics
RX570
Hi, yesterday I got the fenvi t919 network card, I bought it to be able to have airdrop and well, I saw that when I selected something to share by airdrop my main monitor (which was connected by DP) turns off, I do not give much importance but it was super strong as it turns off and on, I decided to connect it by hdmi instead of DP and all good, and it works correctly. This is solved, I mean I changed the cable, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen in case this could help someone else. Thank you very much for your help.

Good that you have been able to overcome the issue, but having to change displayport connection and cable seems a little weird. It shouldn't be necessary for Airdrop to work.

The new WiFi/BT card settings are more likely to be the cause of the crash in macOS.

Have you updated your USBPorts.kext to include the USB port used by the Fenvi cards Bluetooth module?

I am assuming the following:
  1. You have a USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext configured for your H410 system, even though it only has a maximum of 14 USB ports:
    1. 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
    2. 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
  2. You have connected the USB cable from the Fenvi PCIe card to the USB2 motherboard header port, so the Bluetooth works in macOS.
    1. Your motherboard only has 1 x Internal USB2 header (white coloured connector along bottom edge of the board, directly below the CMOS Battery).
    2. 1000.png USB Internal Header port highlighted along base of motherboard.
    3. You may be using this header for your case front USB2 port(s).
    4. If that is the case, then you may need to use a USB header splitter so both devices can be connected through the Internal USB2 header.
    5. Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 20.13.29.png Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 20.16.46.pngUSB Internal header splitter examples.
    6. I have a couple of these 1 to 2 port and 1 to 4 port splitters and they work just fine in any OS.
      1. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078ZSS5NH/?tag=tonymacx86-21
      2. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075XR1Q75/?tag=tonymacx86-21
  3. The Bluetooth's USB port has to be set with the connector type 'Internal' or '255', depending on if you are using Hackintool or USBMap script to configure your USB ports.

Interference between display signaling, USB 3 signaling and wireless/BT is not uncommon. (Not common but mosdef an issue any system builder might face)

Switching up cables and/or moving antennas is the typical workaround.

LG Ultrafine 20in display of a couple years ago were reviewed as having a defect that causes severe wifi interference.

If you web search for topic you'll find many reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back