Contribute
Register

Display Brightness Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
just before I embark down the DSDT route to try this...
my asus g750jx laptop needs an EFI string because of the 3D screen (kindly made by areos from insanelymac) in my chameleon config.plist AND only nvidia drivers to work properly.
can i just add this patch to my DSDT/SSDT and should brightness should work?
would there be anything different to the patch because of how my laptop is working now?

(ioreg from my working mavericks 10.9.4 attached if that helps)

thanks in advance for any help

The solution above does not apply to your machine. You're using Nvidia graphics, not Intel HD.

oh :(
thanks for quick reply, rehabman. didn't get that from the title.
so i am still looking for a thread for same but nvidia?
anyone?

oh :(
thanks for quick reply, rehabman. didn't get that from the title.

Never judge a book by its cover.

so i am still looking for a thread for same but nvidia?
anyone?

You could try "Brightness Fix" or even "Brightness Fix (ACPI 100)" (for the case your laptop has good Win81 support). But "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)" or "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" clearly does not apply for someone using nvidia graphics.

Sir how to fix my display brightness function key.. volume up&down are working but i could'nt able to adjust my brightness.. Help....!

I had the same problem, couldnt figure it out why it didnt work on a fresh 10.9.4 install but it worked out of the box on 10.9.2

Apparently "System Preferences > Keyboard > Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" did the trick for me!
Volume and brightness controll works perfectly with fn keys

HP Probook 6570b Clover 10.9.4 + HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.5 by nguyenmac

good luck!

The first thing to try is PNLF brightness DSDT patch. Should get you brightness slider, but it may not work. If it doesn't work there are other alternatives (although I've never used them):

Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
    Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
    Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
    Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
    Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

Hi, I've got a problem patching my dsdt, every time that I patched i've got like 68 errors in the compilation and i don't know how i can correct Thanks

Hi, I've got a problem patching my dsdt, every time that I patched i've got like 68 errors in the compilation and i don't know how i can correct Thanks

Post your DSDT.

You will get a better result if you disassemble DSDT with the SSDTs as a group.

Haswell Brightness Fix:

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. Your GFX0 device is in one of the SSDTs not DSDT and to get a proper disassembly of your DSDT (and the SSDT that has GFX0) you will need all of them. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB for transfer to OS X.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...5-buggy-dsdt-asus-q501la-help-needed-iasl.zip
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then search the resulting *.dsl so you know where GFX0 is defined. Search for "Device (GFX0)"...

Laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that has your GFX0 device)
Apply: "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" to the file (SSDT or DSDT) with GFX0 device definition.
install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Place patched DSDT.aml in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Place patched SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (assuming you have already generated SSDT.aml for CPU). Obviously differnet locations for Clover (EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Result: Working brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays (mapping of keyboard keys is a separate issue), possible LID sleep, and IGPU power management.

You will get a better result if you disassemble DSDT with the SSDTs as a group.

Haswell Brightness Fix:

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. Your GFX0 device is in one of the SSDTs not DSDT and to get a proper disassembly of your DSDT (and the SSDT that has GFX0) you will need all of them. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic. Place them on USB for transfer to OS X.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...5-buggy-dsdt-asus-q501la-help-needed-iasl.zip
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then search the resulting *.dsl so you know where GFX0 is defined. Search for "Device (GFX0)"...

Laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that has your GFX0 device)
Apply: "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" to the file (SSDT or DSDT) with GFX0 device definition.
install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Place patched DSDT.aml in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Place patched SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (assuming you have already generated SSDT.aml for CPU). Obviously differnet locations for Clover (EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Result: Working brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays (mapping of keyboard keys is a separate issue), possible LID sleep, and IGPU power management.
Ok I've got all ssdt and dsdt in the same directory but when I put the code cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml in terminal dont found I dont understand that think

Ok I've got all ssdt and dsdt in the same directory but when I put the code cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"

You need to write the actual path of where you placed the files.

iasl -da *.aml in terminal dont found I dont understand that think

You need to have installed iasl to your path (eg. /usr/bin), or refer explicitly to the path (eg. ~/Downloads/iasl -da *.aml)

Basic skills in Terminal will be required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back