Contribute
Register

Display Brightness Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for the guidelines. I had attached the requested materials here. Also i am going to try the shared guide for Brightness Slide Keyboard mapping.

Thanks,
Jithin Chandran

Attachments

• Jithin’s MacBook Pro.zip
    363.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Command Outputs.png
    Command Outputs.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 161
  • RehabMan.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 68
Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for the guidelines. I had attached the requested materials here. Also i am going to try the shared guide for Brightness Slide Keyboard mapping.

Thanks,
Jithin Chandran

The reason ACPIBacklight.kext is not working for you is because you used the wrong DSDT patch. It should be resolved if you follow the guide I previously linked.

Hi RehabMan,
As you informed i am following line by line of your Guide "http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html". After disassembling the extracted DSDT/SSDT through patchmatic binary, i had opened the DSDT.dsl through the MaciASL and compiled with both compiler options (ACPI 4.0 and ACPI 5.0). ACPI 4.0 giving 201 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks and 0 Optimizations (Screenshot attached). ACPI 5.0 giving 0 Errors, 9 Warnings, 14 Remarks, 596 Optimizations (Screenshot attached).

Kindly suggest which compiler i have to use further to continue patching my DSDT?

Followed steps details and extracted files are attached in .zip format.

Thanks in advance,
Jithin Chandran

Attachments

• ACPI 5.0.png
    ACPI 5.0.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 130
  • ACPI 4.0.png
    ACPI 4.0.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 144
  • DSDT Patching Steps.rtfd.zip
    440.5 KB · Views: 71
  • extract.zip
    60 KB · Views: 74
Hi RehabMan,
As you informed i am following line by line of your Guide "http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html". After disassembling the extracted DSDT/SSDT through patchmatic binary, i had opened the DSDT.dsl through the MaciASL and compiled with both compiler options (ACPI 4.0 and ACPI 5.0). ACPI 4.0 giving 201 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks and 0 Optimizations (Screenshot attached). ACPI 5.0 giving 0 Errors, 9 Warnings, 14 Remarks, 596 Optimizations (Screenshot attached).

Kindly suggest which compiler i have to use further to continue patching my DSDT?

Followed steps details and extracted files are attached in .zip format.

Thanks in advance,
Jithin Chandran

Hi RehabMan,
As you were off-line i went foreword with the compiler version ACPI 5.0 as it not contains any errors. I had successfully followed both the guides line by line. After patching DSDT and installation of the kext now i can control my laptop brightness through Sys Pref==>Display slider. Here i am attaching the patched DSDT,SSDT and details of the steps followed.

Great Thanks for you kind help and all the best Genius.

Thanks,
Jithin Chandran

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    38.7 KB · Views: 112
  • SSDT.aml
    4.1 KB · Views: 123
  • DSDT Patching Steps.rtfd.zip
    744.6 KB · Views: 72
Hi RehabMan,
As you were off-line i went foreword with the compiler version ACPI 5.0 as it not contains any errors. I had successfully followed both the guides line by line. After patching DSDT and installation of the kext now i can control my laptop brightness through Sys Pref==>Display slider. Here i am attaching the patched DSDT,SSDT and details of the steps followed.

Great Thanks for you kind help and all the best Genius.

Thanks,
Jithin Chandran

You made the correct choice with ACPI 5.0. It is just a matter of trying each one. Usually, newer computers use ACPI 5.0, and older ones can work with ACPI 4.0.

:headbang: Thank you Rehabman....................
I just did it, after a week (read,test again and again) I just fix the Brightness Control.
I want to tell all the guys that read your guides* all over the net that you ARE THE GUY....Thank you for all hard work and your patience !!!
Now i must fix:
-Battery
-Sound
-icloud
I write to you before a week that i was to install Yosemite.
I did with UEFI Clover
I'm very very happy.
I follow the guides.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back