Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

The GTX 650 Ti series does not need the nVidia Web drivers. It works natively in OS X since 10.8.5. :thumbup:

What about the GTX 780 Ti Classified?

It worked GREAT (Natively) with Yosemite.

With El Capitan it sucks

GTX780Ti works also.

What about the GTX 780 Ti Classified?

It worked GREAT (Natively) with Yosemite.

With El Capitan it sucks
Unfortunately, your GTX 780 Ti "sucks" in El Capitan doesn't give us much to go on. I'd recommend opening up a thread in the Graphics forum section. There are several GTX 780 Ti users hanging out there.

I have tried to upgrade to El Capitan over a dozen times. I upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite with Clover and it was so easy. I followed the current guide and I cannot get it past the screen after the load screen. I get to the apple logo and the status bar which gets about half way and then the screen goes blank (like it always has) and then it comes back and has the spinning wheel :beachball: in the upper left corner and at the bottom and I can see a small sliver of my desktop and it just stays that way.
I am still very new to this as I think I just got lucky the first 2 times.

please help

Attachments

• IMG_2616.JPG
    IMG_2616.JPG
    595.2 KB · Views: 116
After installing Clover and upgrading Yosemite to El Capitan and everything running fine, I did something stupid by deleting the EFI folder on the root directory of my hard disk (I thought it'd be unnecessary as I'm using EFI to boot).

Now booting stops after displaying a row of +s.

Is there anyway to revive my installation without having to reinstall everything? Maybe attaching the disk to an USB-SATA adapter on my iMac and copying the contents of the EFI partition to the main partition manually will work?

I got an error trying to mount the EFI partition, so I made a duplicate of the EFI folder inside the EFI-Backups folder to the root level on the disk.

That didn't help, I still get the row of pluses and then the machine hangs. Anybody got another idea what I could try?

After install I'm having some troubles booting. Reboot loop.

Yosemite boot flags were:
nvda_drv=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Boot flags I've tried but gives Panic(cpu 0 caller):
-v -x nv_disable=1 -f npci=0x3000 and npci=0x2000

image.jpg

Update:
After more research, the issue might be caused by EvOreBoot.kext based on this thread.

However, I do not have access to Single User Mode so I can delete it and rebuild the cache.

Any help would be much appreciated!

If you have access to another machine you could do as I did and remove the disk drive from your machine and delete the file using an USB/IDE adapter on the other one.

Can't see an EFI folder in my system's root...
I bought my machine on ebay rather than build it myself (bad decision), so I can't be sure clover was installed correctly (although it appears to be working flawlessly)

Finder -> Go to folder -> /EFI
Doesn't work either.

EFI-backups folder does appear.
I get the feeling I shouldn't be looking to update the drive I'm booting from...

Thanks

Back