Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Update worked well for me. Deleted old kexts, moved FakeSMC to other folder in Clover. Also some other good news, I used to have an issue with some images from the internet showing up distorted, which is a common complaint from those using a Nvidia card. So far I haven't seen any distorted images. Could be El Capitan, or it could be the updated Nvidia driver, one way or the other I'm happy.

Worked great for me as well! Updated Clover and Clover Config then set my BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig in the RT Variables tab of Clover Config as I thought that I was less likely to make a mistake that way:
Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 9.38.17 PM.png

Then copied my FakeSMC and my Ethernet kext across from the 10.10 to the 10.11 folder in EFI/Clover/kexts. Didn't copy my realtekALC kext across as I figured that Toleda's script would create a new one when I fixed the sound, which it did.

Then restarted and ran the downloaded El Cap updater - rebooted as required. El Cap booted first time! Fixed sound with Toleda's script. Was surprised to find that sound persisted after sleep but then saw that Tigersoul925's CodecCommander kext that I had put in S/L/E to fix my sound after sleep in Yosemite was still there and apparently working!

Many thanks to everybody who contributes to this and other threads especially tonymac86 and Toleda! :clap::clap::clap:

Just wanted to let you know that this method worked for me. I've not had any new problems with my setup on El Capitan.

On a big upgrade I have to remove my GTX 780 and use a cheaper supported graphics card to do the install and I always forget to use clover options to inject NVidia drivers for that one. No need to use nv_disable = 1 for me.

Interestingly on the last minor upgrades I did within Yosemite, the nvidia graphics drivers automatically fell back on the native one when there is a mismatch in versions, so I didn't have to switch cards just to be able to download the latest web driver. I wish I knew how to do this during a major upgrade.

I have the same MB and looking to upgrade. Were you able to fix the audio?

Awesome ... I update my clover yosemite 10.10.5 to El Capitan 10.11 using the guide above.
hardware GA-z77x-ud5h . The only problem --- NO sound.
What I can do to get my sound back ?

So I've followed this upgrade process and all good from a booting side. Had no problems booting into el capitan but a few things have broken after the upgrade: audio & bluetooth

Audio was a simple fix, just updated VoodooHDA and it's all working

Bluetooth I can't work out. I'm fairly certain Bluetooth just worked on my Yosemite install. In System Information on my hackintosh I get "No Information Found" under bluetooth. Under USB though I can see my bluetooth Adapter:

USB 3.0 Bus
-> HV620 (USB3 HHD [Boot Drive]: Working)
-> Bluetooth HCI
-> Atmel maXTouch Digitizer (Trackpad: Working)
-> USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam (Laptops Webcam: Working)
-> 802.11n WLAN Adapter (USB WiFi Dongle: Working)

Any ideas on how to get bluetooth working again?

I get "Prohibitory sign" while booting to "Boot to OS X Install"..
Tried BootArg=cpus=1.. Stuck with a blank Progressive bar..

Edit:- Tried with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in 10.11 EFI Kext folder.. Same thing.. Doesn't go beyond the Empty Progressive bar..

Any solution??

I am having this issue as well. Followed the steps on the 1st page but can't seem to proceed any further.

guys i have the weirdest problem

So I did all the kext bits listed and made sure the config.plist has the SIP stuff as listed.

selected the installer, rebooted and clover gave me not one, but two install mac osx options, tried both but they both crashed and rebooted again, so I disabled nv..

i selected one of the install boot options, and it worked, but it rebooted and then booted back into yosemite??

I have a weird feeling there are somehow now two OS's on this drive or something real screwy is happening..

any ideas? I wonder if I need to clean something up here before trying again..

btw if i restart and go into clover at boot, i still have one install osx boot option but that loads lines of code and crashes and reboots again.

guys i have the weirdest problem

So I did all the kext bits listed and made sure the config.plist has the SIP stuff as listed.

selected the installer, rebooted and clover gave me not one, but two install mac osx options, tried both but they both crashed and rebooted again, so I disabled nv..

i selected one of the install boot options, and it worked, but it rebooted and then booted back into yosemite??

I have a weird feeling there are somehow now two OS's on this drive or something real screwy is happening..

any ideas? I wonder if I need to clean something up here before trying again..

btw if i restart and go into clover at boot, i still have one install osx boot option but that loads lines of code and crashes and reboots again.

1) forget everything you have read
2) download unibeast
3) copy the config.plist into your clover

remember it's unstable software (ElCapitan)

it should boot

the more you change from the unibeast config.plist

the more chances of not booting

even changing the theme made my build unstable

I barely changed the sn nvram values (so iMessage works)

I even created a GIT local repo saving every single small change I did.

nothing makes sense, I can only imagine Clover doesn't play nice with to Capitan so things that worked great on Yosemite make your build unstable

I was able to boot, and then unable to boot

so I use a config.plist that is 97% similar to the unibeast config.plist

good luck

Back