Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Got mine past the "system uptime in nanoseconds" by removing -XPMC from the boot flags and adding NullCPUPowerManagement.Kext to other folder. All installed, everything works including audio. The only thing is, I remember back when I got native power management adding the -XPMC flag and removing the null power management kext was a part of the process of getting native power management. So now I don't know how I can get that back. I had full use of the intel power gadget before, now the processor speed is flat lined out.

Got mine past the "system uptime in nanoseconds" by removing -XPMC from the boot flags and adding NullCPUPowerManagement.Kext to other folder. All installed, everything works including audio. The only thing is, I remember back when I got native power management adding the -XPMC flag and removing the null power management kext was a part of the process of getting native power management. So now I don't know how I can get that back. I had full use of the intel power gadget before, now the processor speed is flat lined out.

Bare in mind. NullCPUPowermanagement isn't needed with Clover. You should be able to make it by just removing -xpmc.

Bare in mind. NullCPUPowermanagement isn't needed with Clover. You should be able to make it by just removing -xpmc.

I'm pretty sure I tried removing it from the other folder and it would not boot, maybe I am wrong though. Let me try that right now.

Tried removing the kext, back to square one. It freezes at "system uptime in nanoseconds". So for some reason, it seems my system requires it despite Clover not requiring it. Unless there is something else in my configuration I need to change. I remember before I used that script to generate the proper SSDT to get native power management enabled. But I remember back then it would not work until I added that -XPMC flag to my boot. Now I am being told I cannot use this flag anymore. So I hope this doesn't mean I can't have native power management anymore.

Tried removing the kext, back to square one. It freezes at "system uptime in nanoseconds". So for some reason, it seems my system requires it despite Clover not requiring it. Unless there is something else in my configuration I need to change. I remember before I used that script to generate the proper SSDT to get native power management enabled. But I remember back then it would not work until I added that -XPMC flag to my boot. Now I am being told I cannot use this flag anymore. So I hope this doesn't mean I can't have native power management anymore.

Post screenshot of Kernel Panic.

I'm not sure yet, however it prevented me from a successful install of Sierra... It would lock and freeze. More to be revealed over the next 24 hours!
I have this same card and I can't boot Sierra with the card working just yet. Basically I have to use nv_disable=1 or not select anything and use share screen to edit.

Post screenshot of Kernel Panic.

This is basically what I was getting before when trying to install Sierra. I tried everything and nothing worked. Then someone suggested i remove the -xmpc flag and add NullCPUPowerManagement to the other folder, then I was able to install Sierra. I did later try to add the -xmpc flag and it doesn't make any difference. The deal breaker is NullCPUPowerManagement. When removed, my system is not bootable. I am using Clover 3763, although I did try a few older versions and got the same effect.

Here is my screenshot along with my config.plist, DSDT and SSDT which were in the patched folder.

IMG_1947.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 246
  • DSDT.aml
    45.9 KB · Views: 86
  • SSDT.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 109
not sure of your setup but i would copy it the safest way without disrupting any partitions, maybe from a usb installer to copy it to?
ahh, then if you can safely mount it via windows then maybe that is maybe your only option
Thanks for your input, I used the safest way as you would have liked. I didn't mount my EFI at all I used a USB keyboard instead and everything went down perfectly.

I've made some progress and got the installation to complete. I've been struggling with something I've yet to see and probably has a simple solution. When I switch to use the Nvidia Web Drivers and reboot it never sticks...I did update it to the latest version and I even uninstalled it completely and reinstalled. I've messed with my boot flags and I'm booting with the nvda_drv=1 . Thoughts? GPU is a 960 TI

This is basically what I was getting before when trying to install Sierra. I tried everything and nothing worked. Then someone suggested i remove the -xmpc flag and add NullCPUPowerManagement to the other folder, then I was able to install Sierra. I did later try to add the -xmpc flag and it doesn't make any difference. The deal breaker is NullCPUPowerManagement. When removed, my system is not bootable. I am using Clover 3763, although I did try a few older versions and got the same effect.

Here is my screenshot along with my config.plist, DSDT and SSDT which were in the patched folder.

View attachment 212657

Use iMac 13,2. You have a very messy config with patches which will causes issues as you're using a DSDT. Never a good idea to mix patches with patches. Try this config.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 217
Back