Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Press spacebar to enter Boot Options and choose Without Caches option and/or Inject Kexts option then Boot Mac OS X with selected options.

I can't see these options in my Clover EFI Bootloader :/

cloverbeast.png

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Hi, I want to update my hackintosh directly to Sierra. I installed El Capitan using MultiBeast and UniBeast. It is working fine.
According to the guide, I think I am an existing clover user, right ?
So , I completed the first step. I downloaded the latest clover pkg, which is 2.4k. I just double clicked the pkg and it was installed/updated.

Now I do not understand the second step. Step no 2. It says copy. I do not know where the clover configuration folder is. And what do you mean , when you say open it on your root folder. I tried to find the configuration folder. I can find the folder EFI and inside that I have this folder EFI-BACKUPS. But where is the configuration folder ? And what to copy from where and where to paste it.
Any help or guidance is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

My system config is :
iMac(27inch, late 2013)
Processor : 3.3 GHz, intel i5 4590
Memory 8GB
Intel HD Graphics 4600, 1536 MB
Gigabyte H97M-D3H motherboard.

For Step 2, open the Terminal and run the following:
Code:
diskutil list
:ch: Note the El Capitan drive's EFI partition's "diskXs1" designation - could be something like "disk1s1";
:ch: Run EFI Mounter v3 to mount the El Captian drive's EFI partition;
:ch: Navigate to EFI > EFI > CLOVER > kexts > Other;
:ch: Add the appropriate kexts as described in Step 2.​

For Step 2, open the Terminal and run the following:
Code:
diskutil list
:ch: Note the El Capitan drive's EFI partition's "diskXs1" designation - could be something like "disk1s1";
:ch: Run EFI Mounter v3 to mount the El Captian drive's EFI partition;
:ch: Navigate to EFI > EFI > CLOVER > kexts > Other;
:ch: Add the appropriate kexts as described in Step 2.​

It worked and I was able to update without any issues.

Thanks for your answer/reply.

I need some help :(
I have tried to update today, but it will not work. I have updated my clover to latest version, I have copied all the kexts to "other" folder, and then I run the installer. When my Hack reboots, there is no "boot mac osx install" to choose from.

-Anyone?

I'm trying to mount EFI partition, but i cant mount efi partition with clover configuration, efi mounter v3 or command line. When i used command line, it said
mount_msdos: /dev/disk0s1: Resource busy
Does anybody know how to solve this problem
My fault, it was mounted under the other name

Last edited:
May sure you update to the latest Clover version if you're going to update to 10.12.4.

I need some help :(
I have tried to update today, but it will not work. I have updated my clover to latest version, I have copied all the kexts to "other" folder, and then I run the installer. When my Hack reboots, there is no "boot mac osx install" to choose from.

-Anyone?
Same problem here.
Updated clover to r4045
copied kexts as mentioned
launched Sierra upgrade
computer reboots
I only get to chose between ElCapitan and Recovery
:(

Back