Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

I need a little help here...let's experiment!

Safari causes a system freeze 100% of the time when I go to Yahoo.com (that's the only website so far that causes the crash). I've tried on both an upgrade from El Capitan and on a semi-fresh install of Sierra (semi-fresh because I began re-installing some of my main programs...but not Flash Player).

Save your work before you try this.
Open Safari and go to Yahoo.com and begin scrolling down slowly. Does anybody else get a system crash?

I'm on a Gigabyte Z97 UD5H - 4970k - integrated graphics - 16GB Ram. The issue did not exist in El Capitan.

Hi! i installed sierra completely, i logged in and everything was working fine, except audio. i installed some drivers but now when i boot the apple logo comes up but then my screens turns black and goes into saving mode.

can i somehow reverse the drivers i installed?

(i've tried safe mode and nvidia web drivers and so in the clover boot options)

//edit
from my macbook i can see my hackintosh under the shared section in finder.
so i know its booted up but the screen is just black.

MultiBeast for Sierra should be out shortly and you can update your build.

Or for Ethernet, get the latest kext from the kext download section, put it on your Desktop, unzip it and remove your older Ethernet kext from both the /EFI/.../kexts/ and /L/E/ folders. Run KextBeast and choose the /L/E/ folder. Reboot.

After you get Ethernet back, download toleda's audio script from his guide Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio.

THANK YOU! Confirming both audio and ethernet working perfectly on my build now! By the way did I mention I updated to Sierra from Mavericks? Was kinda worried about that haha
Thank you again brother:headbang:

MultiBeast v9 for Sierra is now out.

I have this same card and I can't boot Sierra with the card working just yet. Basically I have to use nv_disable=1 or not select anything and use share screen to edit.
Yea, I got so frustrated with this that I rolled back to El Cap since everything worked perfectly.... I will wait a little while before I make this upgrade. In the meantime, I may perform a fresh install of Sierra on a separate blank drive and see if I can utilize the new Multibeast 9.0 to make it work....

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

How do I know if I need "any other extra necessary kexts"?

How do I know if I need "any other extra necessary kexts"?
Well, you'll need FakeSMC and Ethernet at least. The rest of the /L/E/folder kexts as needed. I only need the two previously mention kexts to install Sierra.

Well, you'll need FakeSMC and Ethernet at least. The rest of the /L/E/folder kexts as needed. I only need the two previously mention kexts to install Sierra.
OK thanks Stork! You've always got my back! :)

I see realtekALC.kext in my /L/E folder. Is that going to be my ethernet?

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
Core i7 4790

First updated from 10.11.6 but no sound then with the last toleda release sound is working for ALC1150, also everything is ok after sleep (sound, wifi, ethernet, etc.) very happy with macOS Sierra 10.12 and thanks for all the tonymac team.

Would you mind sharing where did you downloaded the exact version of toleda release sound that works wit sierra?

Back