Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Hey guys!
I haven't done an install in awhile. I updated Yosemite with El Capitan with no issues so I'm a bit foggy about Clover.
I tried to update to Sierra and it got messed up to the point that I had to reinstall El Capitan. I have everything working fine, but I need some clarification on Clover.
If I run Clover Configurator and mount my EFI partition, do any changes I make go on top of the prior config.plist or instead of.
I have a real iMac and used the number from that machine in my Clover config and don't want to mess that up.
I just want to make sure that when I make a change it gets added to instead of replacing.
Hope I was clear. :)
Thanks!
Len

Can anyone clarify this question in Clover?

Thanks!

Can this procedure be used with an El Cap install that was done with Multibeast/Unibeast?

Am I correct in assuming that since the El Cap install process results in a Clover bootloader I can use the process outlined in this thread to install Sierra?

what Clover version are you using?

Hi Dturro - Thanks for the response

I have tried both the r3763 and when I read there were some issues for some folks I tried r3726...Currently I'm on r3726

Attachments

• X79-UP4_4930k.jpg
    X79-UP4_4930k.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 151
Hi Dturro - Thanks for the response

I have tried both the r3763 and when I read there were some issues for some folks I tried r3726...Currently I'm on r3726
So is it working on 3726 or that kernel panic on the picture is with 3726?

So is it working on 3726 or that kernel panic on the picture is with 3726?

Pic is 3726 I believe...I can try it with both again if you think that could be the issue.

Question..
I installed Sierra on my Z68 mobo and actually got it up and running until it hit the desktop. Then, if I moved the mouse, the fans would whir (its all that comp power needed to track the mouse ?? lol) and after say 1.5 min if I kept moving the mouse the system would just restart. I tried everything, though Im not a master hackintosher. I had to roll back to el capitan. Any ideas. I went from Mac Pro 3.1 to iMac 14,2. Anyone else get a z68 mobo running well?

Just wanted to say this method worked like a charm for me. Using method from #1 hosed my EFI partition. I was able to recover it and using method above I'm on Sierra now.

Hi Volcan96,

Happy to read that my post helped you ;)

I am using HD530, i will check if the inject EDID ticked once I get back home. How do I enable QE/CI?
When I mount the EFI petition in clover configurator config.plist is greyed out and when i try to open it it comes up with message "item config.plist is used by macOS and can't be opened". I am unable to load it or edit it, any ideas?

Hello,

I have followed the guide. Updated whith latest clover version. i have selected boot option my computer reboot after 30sec.

Anyone can help me please

Back