Contribute
Register

didii's Claire9 Haswell build: Asus Maximus VI Impact | i5-4670k | GTX 650 TI Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've managed to set up 5.1 sound on ALC1150

0. Requires:
  • Clover boot method
  • pure vanilla OS X AppleHDA (do not install any audio kexts!)

1. Add following entry in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Code:
<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>2</string>
        </dict>
Or if you prefer Clover configurator:

View attachment 77299

And reboot.

2. Open Audio MIDI Setup and

• create new "Aggregate Device"
  • choose 3 output ports as on screen below
  • select this device as sound output in context menu

View attachment 77300

3. Click "Configure Speakers" and set it like:

View attachment 77301

Done :)

Volume control is LOST (that's expected).

One can write automator script to switch between 5.1, 2+2 ( Multi-output device to use rear speakers in stereo movies) or regular 2+line-out+mic modes.

Yo bro, how can I do this without clover? I really need this...

Hey, thanks bb! Lol, She's running naked right now. im still looking for a good mITX case atm. Prodigy seems to be a bit too big for me. Yup! same here, i wanna go for watercooling too in the future! just need to save up a bit more, and find a good case. :D

In regards of the sleep and power management, it's natively supported. I didnt' do any BIOS flashing on this board.

How about this case:
http://www.thinkcomputers.org/in-win-d-frame-mini-revealed/

@Chanellius: No worries, man! Glad to hear that this guide works for you. Nice case, btw! I was thinking to get Ncase from [H] as well, but decided to go for Compact Splash from OCN, at the end

@oberg: yeah, it's PITA to get the bluetooth working. You can always use a bluetooth dongle, tho. Might save you a bit of headache :)

@fbengo: Im running my hack on 10.9.3 right now. It works fine. Yeah, you can follow the guide from tony's link. Basically, instead of installing the bootloader to your main OS partition, you install it to your EFI partition.

Multibeast's driver settings remains the same.

For the 5.1 audio output, I have no idea how to do it, due to my lack of experiences using clover. You can always manually try to set up the aggregate device, and see if it works.

@Cubist: Thanks for the suggestion, Cubist :). But I already have a case now. I'll post the picture soon

Hi all,

I just did my Hackintosh on a Asus Z87I-Deluxe. It's pretty much the same board as the Impact. I am able to install Hackintosh and Multibeast. (Not doing dual boot). I'm having two major problems. One is that when my computer goes to sleep. It reboots itself. So sleep is not working for me. Another thing is that bluetooth is not working for me either at all. These two things are what I can't figure out how to fix. Other than that my system is working fine. Can you guys help me please.

By the way, just want to say thank you for the guide too. It helped me with my build. This board was WAY better and easier to build than the Gigabyte board this site recommends to buy (itx board).

Hackintosh:

Board: Asus Z87I-Deluxe
CPU: Intel 4330
GPU: Intel HD4600 (integrated)
Memory: 8GB Crucial

Thanks!

@Chanellius: No worries, man! Glad to hear that this guide works for you. Nice case, btw! I was thinking to get Ncase from [H] as well, but decided to go for Compact Splash from OCN, at the end

@oberg: yeah, it's PITA to get the bluetooth working. You can always use a bluetooth dongle, tho. Might save you a bit of headache :)

@fbengo: Im running my hack on 10.9.3 right now. It works fine. Yeah, you can follow the guide from tony's link. Basically, instead of installing the bootloader to your main OS partition, you install it to your EFI partition.

Multibeast's driver settings remains the same.

For the 5.1 audio output, I have no idea how to do it, due to my lack of experiences using clover. You can always manually try to set up the aggregate device, and see if it works.

@Cubist: Thanks for the suggestion, Cubist :). But I already have a case now. I'll post the picture soon

did you use multibeast 6.3 update too to update to 10.9.3 or do you still have the original drivers from 10.9.2?

After a little bit of reading, I had both the bcm4352 and toledaARPT kext installed... I deleted toledaarpt and left the btfirmware kext (v2.3) in and then deleted the iobluetooth kext in S/L/E reinstalled vanilla kext.. restarted and BAM, bluetooth works with the magic mouse. Paired fast just like a regular mac.. hopefully this helps everyone out

Holy mother of tuna! my magic mouse paired properly! In fact, im using it atm. So far there's no issue with it. :D Thanks for providing the link to toleda's link, Caonliu

I had my old bcm4352.kext from the initial mavericks release from toleda. However, past 10.9.0, bluetooth didn't work. What i did just now was to install bcm4352bt.kext, but it didn't fix the problem. After that I deleted both the "old" bcm4352.kext and bcm4352bt.kext, and installed the "new" bcm4352.kext, then voila! it works.

Give it a shot if u're still stuck with the bluetooth. Or try Blackote's method too if mine didn't work out. Anyways, let us know the result by posting back here, so that I can update the initial guide post.

@fbengo: I used multibeast 6.0.0 to reinstall the ALC1150 driver when updating from 10.9.2

@Luigi and Caon: Hmm, i don't think i have that sleep problem. Sometimes i cannot wake up from sleep by simply pressing a keyboard key, tho. I need to press the power button. I'll check my BIOS settings in regards of the power management. Because I used to have that on my Z77 gigabyte hack, and it's due to the Wake On LAN feature. It needs to be disabled on that board.

Btw, has anyone updated to BIOS 1504?

Guys for sleep problems on their hack, is it a reboot after sleep, or straight wake up? Because mine goes straight to wake up after sleep, whenever i have my bluetooth enabled, and system.log shows that the cause of wake up is bluetooth.

Hello. I followed your guide to the letter but I have run into an issue. When trying to boot into the OSX installer, it hangs and a white box appears with a slashed circle right above the Apple logo.

I have tried just about everything to get past this hurdle; from unplugging drives to installing them in different orders, to moving the USB driver to different ports - nothing seems to work. I have also tried various flags such as -v, -x, USBBusFix=Yes, UseKernelCache=No, Debug=8, ahcidisk=1. Nothing works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back