Contribute
Register

didii's Claire9 Haswell build: Asus Maximus VI Impact | i5-4670k | GTX 650 TI Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
@diddi
Thanks for your reply.:thumbup: I would like to look back the post and find frfrfrfr's thread.
I did used chimera actually. the screen was captured later and I forgot to tick that. i"m sorry to make you confused.:crazy:
Now I'm pretty sure that the reason I cannot boot without -x enter mavericks is because of the HD4600 driver. I had tried to use maciasl with PJALM's code but things got worse now.

I've managed to boot 10.9.1 from disk using Clover and EFI partition.

1. Install Clover to disk, selected options should be
    • Install for UEFI motherboards
    • Drivers64UEFI
      • OsxAptioFixDrv-64
      • Install RC scripts on target volume.
  2. Mount EFI Partition
  3. In EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and download HFSPlus.efi instead (I did USB Clover first and this step is probably not needed on disk install)
  4. Edit EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and set all ACPI>DSDT>Fixes to "false"
  5. Put FakeSMC kext in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/
  6. Reboot, press F8, EFI system should be visible among physical drives
  7. Enjoy :)

There is still a lot of crust on EFI partition and in config. I will publish EFI zip when I finish digging through manual and tidy it up a bit.

Can you use clover to make a dual boot ?

Hihi!

I'm very new to the Hackintosh and I have a few questions regarding installing my OS X.

Right now, I only have 1 SSD installed for my Hackintosh and I have it partitioned to dual boot with Windows 8.1 and OS X Mavericks.
I have installed Windows 8.1 already and I am about to install OS X Mavericks on my other partition.

For the MultiBeast settings, which kext or DSDT would work best for 10.9.2? I read many in the previous posts, though I have no idea which one would be ideal for me.
I would like to be able to use the Wifi, Bluetooth and iMessage/Facetime for my Hackintosh.
I have seen some kext files available but I am still hesitant to which one would work for 10.9.2.

Next is to boot without a physical USB plugged in.
In didii's first post, he says to install the Chimera to the EFI Partition in his Data drive. However, I do not own a second hard drive, therefore, if I install Chimera on my main EFI Partition, would that cause it to mess up my Windows 8.1 OS and OS X Drive?
If so, is there an alternate solution to this other than what didii has provided? Such as using Clover, which I've a little about but still have very little idea on how it works.

In case, here are the parts for my Hackintosh:
- Intel i5-4670k
- Asus ROG Maximus VI Impact (Of course!)
- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

No discrete GPU yet but I already ordered the EVGA GTX 760 2GB

Thank you very much,
Oakcapy

Update:
I was able to successfully install OS X 10.9.2 on my OS X partition however, after the reboot process once the installation was finished, I cannot boot up to OS X anymore.
To boot up to the UniBeast USB Installation, I used the bootflags:
IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatform=01660003
This got me to install 10.9.2 but I cannot boot into it. I have tried booting into OS X Partition using the same bootflags but it gets stuck at the Apple Logo with an infinite loop loading.
Any idea how to fix that?
Thanks!

Update 2:
Successfully booted into OS X using bootflags:
IGPEnabler=Yes -x IGPlatformID=0x04128086
I am proceeding to configure everything with MultiBeast using didii's guide.
Is it still recommended to do so with 10.9.2? Or should I follow PJALM's guide using MaciASL for the DSDT patch? Is there a difference?

Thanks!

Your post have been extremely helpful so first and foremost thanks. I have the Asus Maximus Impact and when I update it removes the air-display option. Also I cant boot without using the flashdrive. I've downloaded Chimera v3.0. and was wondering if you've tinkered around with this and could offer any advice on possible fixes this may have for my situation before I install. G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200)
NZXT HALE82 V2 700W 700W ATX 12V V2.31 & EPS 12V V2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE
ASUS MAXIMUS VI IMPACT LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
BitFenix Prodigy Arctic White Steel / Plastic Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case
ASUS DirectCU II R9270X-DC2T-2GD5 Radeon R9 270X 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K

My specs are as listed. G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200)
NZXT HALE82 V2 700W 700W ATX 12V V2.31 & EPS 12V V2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE
ASUS MAXIMUS VI IMPACT LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
BitFenix Prodigy Arctic White Steel / Plastic Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case
ASUS DirectCU II R9270X-DC2T-2GD5 Radeon R9 270X 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K

Speaking of WiFi, when I connect all four drives to the sata ports on the motherboard, the wifi stops connecting but does show up as on. I think it might be that the mpcie combo II card also uses a sata protocol which might do something with wifi. When I boot into Windows 8, wifi works perfectly. Don't know if I need to install any other sata kexts or whatnot.

Any ideas on how to get it working?

Hi there, guys, sorry i haven't checked this forum for a while. Been very busy with uni works :p

@Oakcapy: Congrats for your hack, man! If you haven't done so, you can actually add the bootflags into your org.chameleon.boot.plist , so that you don't need to type it every time you boot into OSX.

Do you still need to use -x to get to OSX though?

Another thing, can you boot to your windows, now? because installing the bootloader inside my OS drive EFI partition screwed up my windows.

Im still using my multibeast settings for my OSX. I tried PJALM's DSDT, but when i connect my iPhone to my hackintosh, it keeps disconnect/connecting all the time. So i removed it. But maybe that's just me. I haven't heard anything from the others, tho. :)

@Nuttfactor: Oh, im glad to hear that, thanks :). I haven't updated my chimera to version 3.0. Still using the old 2.2.1. Hmm, use only 1 RAM stick when installing OSX. That's what's recommended by tony's guide tho. In regards of your AMD gfx, im not very sure about it, because i've always been using Nvidia for my gfx. There's plenty of people who successfully installed their AMD gfx into their hackintosh tho. And IIRC, SLI/Crossfire won't be available on OSX. Other than that, goodluck with the build! And do not hesitate ask the people in this forum when you hit the "wall".

@Aliziyaan: Im not very sure about this, but i don't think the mpcie combo card uses the SATA connection. it supposed to use the PCIe connection, right?
have you tried adding PJALM's dsdt? Coz i cannot check it on my hack. I don't hv enough drives to be plugged in into the sata ports :p.

Hey didii!
Used your guide to boot OSX after replacing Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI with Asus Maximus VI Impact.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Here is what was cooking:
PC_may%2714.jpg

I've managed to get this up and running on my similar machine. But i can't get bluetooth to work. Have someone managed to get it working?

I have installed the BCM4352BT kext, but no go. Shows up in taskbar but can't find any devices!

Is there anyone who installed 10.9.3 with asus impact?

I have installed 10.9.3 but I don't know what to do next.

1.Do I have to install the boot loader from multi beast or do I have to follow the steps from:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

2. Do I have to install the drivers from multi beast before the boot loader of after?

3. What drivers/settings in multibeast do I need for my system? The same as explained in this topic? (10.9.2):
asus impact
gtx 770
8gb ram
samsung evo 256 gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back