Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 18 - Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should I just wait and see? I waited over 5 minutes on that screen before I gave up. Should I wait longer? The wheel was still spinning, but it seems no progress was being made as the status bar was empty.

May take longer than 5 mins. But no idea you have things setup correctly without seeing EFI/Clover.

May take longer than 5 mins. But no idea you have things setup correctly without seeing EFI/Clover.
See attached. I did not place any extra kexts in the folder, as I have never had to add any kexts to get the install to work before.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
Success! I had to remove "nv_disable=1" from the boot flags, and added -v, and everything worked perfectly. It is currently installing!

Success! I had to remove "nv_disable=1" from the boot flags, and added -v, and everything worked perfectly. It is currently installing!

nv_disable has no effect with your system (according to your profile, it has no Nvidia).
-v affects only debug output during boot.

Your problem was lack of FakeSMC.kext.

Well, I had an issue loading with the nv_disable. It ended up distorting the text, and I got the "no" symbol (circle with a line through it).

Okay! I am all installed. Now to work on:

Install bootloader
Wifi (no ethernet)
Brightness controls
Battery status

Do I use the same patch as before on dsdt, or will it require patching? I wont have do the HD4000 fix as before, as it was already done in config.plist. My bluetooth works "out of the box" so to speak, so I dont have to install anything there.

Why does this seem much easier than before?

Okay! I am all installed. Now to work on:

Install bootloader
Wifi (no ethernet)
Brightness controls
Battery status

Do I use the same patch as before on dsdt, or will it require patching? I wont have do the HD4000 fix as before, as it was already done in config.plist. My bluetooth works "out of the box" so to speak, so I dont have to install anything there.

Why does this seem much easier than before?

Same ACPI patching process, although you need less patches due to Clover (graphics for instance).
Clover simplifies some things due to automatic patching and/or patching via config.plist KextsToPatch..

Any idea why it would be doing this? See pic.

All I did was install your wifi next (since it's the same as mine) and reboot. Now this.

I haven't installed clover yet. Might that be the case?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Any idea why it would be doing this? See pic.

All I did was install your wifi next (since it's the same as mine) and reboot. Now this.

I haven't installed clover yet. Might that be the case?

Nothing attached. No idea what you mean by "your wifi next".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back