Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 18 - Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay... I'm stuck on this part, as I don't understand it...

- select "Install RC scripts on target volume" and/or "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes", but not for USB

Does that mean I don't check either since it's being installed on a USB?

Okay... I'm stuck on this part, as I don't understand it...

- select "Install RC scripts on target volume" and/or "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes", but not for USB

Does that mean I don't check either since it's being installed on a USB?

Correct.

Next question. When it comes to the config.plist, my machine's display is 1920 x 1080. Would the config_HD4000_1600x1900.plist file work? Or do I need to do a custom config.plist? I know that before, I had to install the HD4000 in the DSDT patches.

EDIT: Nevermind... I should just read... Now I must figure out how to save the config.plist...

EDIT (AGAIN): Yes... it's good to keep reading. Carry on! :clap:

Last edited:
Okay. I got it to go, it took forever loading (using default boot flags and adding -v). Then after several minutes of scrolling text, I get a black screen with a white Apple Logo and a bar (I'm guessing for showing status) but now it's just sitting there.

Okay. I got it to go, it took forever loading (using default boot flags and adding -v). Then after several minutes of scrolling text, I get a black screen with a white Apple Logo and a bar (I'm guessing for showing status) but now it's just sitting there.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

The only part not in my signature is the graphics, which is HD4000 (1920 x 1080). I'll add it.

The only part not in my signature is the graphics, which is HD4000 (1920 x 1080). I'll add it.

Yes, that was what I was looking for. I assume 7-series chipset and Clover UEFI.

Still need EFI/Clover.

Working on that.

I did, however, find that while I was watching the colorful wheel spin, I shook my mouse back and forth really fast and the icon changed to a really big mac mouse cursor (the black one with the white outline).

I'm easily amused.

Working on that.

I did, however, find that while I was watching the colorful wheel spin, I shook my mouse back and forth really fast and the icon changed to a really big mac mouse cursor (the black one with the white outline).

I'm easily amused.

Sounds like things might be working... Keep in mind booting the installer from USB is very slow.

Sounds like things might be working... Keep in mind booting the installer from USB is very slow.

So should I just wait and see? I waited over 5 minutes on that screen before I gave up. Should I wait longer? The wheel was still spinning, but it seems no progress was being made as the status bar was empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back