Contribute
Register

Dell Vostro 5470

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometime "CPU halted" when shuttingdown, then cpu no bootting again :banghead: I tried "fix shutdown" but no luck

Hi! I've been trying to hack my Vostro 5470 for a month now. Right now I have Yosemite running with Chameleon, have good grafic no wifi no sound no brightness no battery indication.

I just found this thread last night. Then I decided to make my own DSDT but MacIASL return 21 error.

I am trying to follow #5. There still have lots of error. First one is "Name already exists in scope (_SB_PCI0.PEG0)". How to fix it.

Last edited:
Hi! I've been trying to hack my Vostro 5470 for a month now. Right now I have Yosemite running with Chameleon, have good grafic no wifi no sound no brightness no battery indication.

I just found this thread last night. Then I decided to make my own DSDT but MacIASL return 21 error.

I am trying to follow #5. There still have lots of error. First one is "Name already exists in scope (_SB_PCI0.PEG0)". How to fix it.

Hi, please advise how to get it to work as I have already fried my motherboard twice booting up yosemite install on the usb with kernel patched for Haswell cpu. All attempts ended with a screen shot of the apple keyboard showing to enable the button. Upon power off (as unable to reboot), fried my motherboard. Has tried with and without the bootup flag IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 -v -f

Kindly advise. Thanks.

Hi, please advise how to get it to work as I have already fried my motherboard twice booting up yosemite install on the usb with kernel patched for Haswell cpu.

Software such as Yosemite cannot "fry" your motherboard.

All attempts ended with a screen shot of the apple keyboard showing to enable the button.

Press a key on your keyboard or plug in a USB keyboard.

Upon power off (as unable to reboot), fried my motherboard. Has tried with and without the bootup flag IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 -v -f

You probably have CMOS reset problems. Use Clover instead to avoid: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Software such as Yosemite cannot "fry" your motherboard.

>Press a key on your keyboard or plug in a USB keyboard.
Done that and still not working. That's what I thought too, how can a sw "fry" my mb but then I can see that the power LED did not light up when I plug the power cord in. Its a slim brick now.

You probably have CMOS reset problems. Use Clover instead to avoid: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Thanks for the advise. Will try Clover after I get the mb replaced. By the way, can share what's the Vostro BIOS setting for the A9 firmware.

I don't have a Vostro (see signature).

Thanks RehabMan, I'm not referring to you. I seeking any Vostro owners who read this thread and able to get Yosemite install successfully to share their BIOS settings and the process.

Thanks RehabMan, I'm not referring to you. I seeking any Vostro owners who read this thread and able to get Yosemite install successfully to share their BIOS settings and the process.

Bios settings are not much of a concern. Laptop bios options are usually limited.

Thanks for the advise. Will try Clover after I get the mb replaced. By the way, can share what's the Vostro BIOS setting for the A9 firmware.
You don't need new mb to replace. Just remove laptop battery and cmos battery, wait few seconds then insert again. My laptop can't start after shutdown or restart yosemite too. I can't find resolution to fix it.

You don't need new mb to replace. Just remove laptop battery and cmos battery, wait few seconds then insert again. My laptop can't start after shutdown or restart yosemite too. I can't find resolution to fix it.

Avoid CMOS corruption/resets by using config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/AppleRTC=true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back