Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I have succesfully set up a Hackintosh on a (obviously prebuilt) Dell Vostro 430 with an i7 Chip, a Pegatron Geforce 310 and 4gb of DDR3 Ram. Everything except for the Network works now. Does anyone Know how i can get it to work? I intend to use Ethernet and i have no Ethernet Card installed. I couldn't even find out what brand the Ethernet Adapter on this Motherboard is. I already tried several Kexts. This thing is driving me crazy

Hello,
I have succesfully set up a Hackintosh on a (obviously prebuilt) Dell Vostro 430 with an i7 Chip, a Pegatron Geforce 310 and 4gb of DDR3 Ram. Everything except for the Network works now. Does anyone Know how i can get it to work? I intend to use Ethernet and i have no Ethernet Card installed. I couldn't even find out what brand the Ethernet Adapter on this Motherboard is. I already tried several Kexts. This thing is driving me crazy

Those Dells have used a Broadcom Ethernet Chip. The manual doesn't specify the exact model. Try taking the actual card out and see if you can find that printed on the cards PCB. If you still have the drive with the Windows 7 install on it you could connect that to get more specific info.

There is a Windows app called Speccy, by the co. that makes CCleaner. You can boot the HDD with windows on it, install and run that app to get the full specs of your Ethernet. There are other ways but that's the one I've used. Then use Search on this site to find the right kext for your Broadcom chip.
It may be in an older version of Multibeast.

Thank you for your quick answer
Unfortunately i didn't Keep the harddrive with the Windows on. But i'll try to get an older Version of multibeast and try to get it to work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back