Contribute
Register

Dell Precision 15 5000 Series (5510)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am trying to reach the installer, followed the guide to the bone.. but can't reach the installer, in the second screenshot we see that the message is configuration node, is that normal?

As you're booting the installer from USB, "Still waiting for root device" indicates a USB problem.
Make sure you followed the guide as written: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ (the provided config files have some USB fixes).
Try all USB ports, both with USB2 and USB3 sticks.
Also see USB guide, so you're aware of the issues: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

@ProphetD Sierra is a pain, the usb kexts are painful and did not worked for me, i am having better luck with El Capitan, reaching the installer recognizing my NVME drive with hackr kext instead it gets stuck at the "1 second remaining" part with a log that it's saying "TSplicedFont failed creating descriptor for".

@RehabMan the installation was a success but i can't see my disk drive in order to boot from it.

It's not the HFSPlus.efi as it sees the installer partition, something really stranged happened last night i tried to see if it was something wrong with the clover bootable stick and i inserted it in my macbook air. after i tried to boot the installer from the clover on my macbook air, the macbook keeps making the "startup chime" in a loop but will not boot. Has anyone encountered this? or it's just a coincidence?

It's not the HFSPlus.efi as it sees the installer partition, something really stranged happened last night i tried to see if it was something wrong with the clover bootable stick and i inserted it in my macbook air. after i tried to boot the installer from the clover on my macbook air, the macbook keeps making the "startup chime" in a loop but will not boot. Has anyone encountered this? or it's just a coincidence?

What version of macOS/OS X?
Did you go through both stages of installation?

What version of macOS/OS X?
Did you go through both stages of installation?
Only the first because i can't boot from my ssd

sorry, El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back