Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm looking for a mobile workstation for video editing. I currently have a base model 2015 retina MacBook Pro. It handles final cut really well but after effects doesn't work too well. I love my Mac but a new top of the line MacBook Pro would cost nearly $4,000. This dell would cost about $2,700 and would have more power. So the dell seems like a better choice but I LOVE the speed of final cut. I can't find much online about a hackintosh with this laptop and I would live for this to be possible.
Here's the spec sheet:
Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 9.09.16 AM.png
I would upgrade the hard drive and ram myself.

Hi nickweish,

I'm thinking about buying the precision 5510 too, did you end up buying it ? And if so, did you manage to get OSX running smoothly ?

I have the Dell Precision 5510, it has the XEON E3-1505M, the NVidia Quadro M1000, 32GB RAM, FHD Screen, 500GB M.2 SSD (Non-NVMe) and 500GB SSD SATA, I changed the WiFi card to the Dell 1560 which is supposed to be the best WiFi for Hackingtosh.

Overall, this is the perfect laptop hardware wise, coming from the Macbook Pro 13....

I have tried a few times to install OSX on it following the guide above, I'm getting further and further but not completely installed yet, right now it gets me to right after the bluetooth and then the screen gets all blurry and the install stops. I'm too busy to try ATM, as soon as things slow down, I'm giving it a good try and hope to get it.

I have the Dell Precision 5510, it has the XEON E3-1505M, the NVidia Quadro M1000, 32GB RAM, FHD Screen, 500GB M.2 SSD (Non-NVMe) and 500GB SSD SATA, I changed the WiFi card to the Dell 1560 which is supposed to be the best WiFi for Hackingtosh.

Overall, this is the perfect laptop hardware wise, coming from the Macbook Pro 13....

I have tried a few times to install OSX on it following the guide above, I'm getting further and further but not completely installed yet, right now it gets me to right after the bluetooth and then the screen gets all blurry and the install stops. I'm too busy to try ATM, as soon as things slow down, I'm giving it a good try and hope to get it.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

I'm finally have time to dedicate to getting this working. Here is where I'm at, I followed the guide for the XPS 9550, I found places that say that my CPU has the intel P530 and others that says is the Pro P580, either way I tried changing the id between the 0x191b0000 and the 0x19120000 and also the 0x193b0000 but all give me the same result, but I think is at different places during the boot up. Here are some screenshots and my clover folder.

Thank you so much for your help.

Attachments

• b4-bad-gfx.jpg
    b4-bad-gfx.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 1,085
  • after-bad-gfx.jpg
    after-bad-gfx.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,045
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 410
I'm finally have time to dedicate to getting this working. Here is where I'm at, I followed the guide for the XPS 9550, I found places that say that my CPU has the intel P530 and others that says is the Pro P580, either way I tried changing the id between the 0x191b0000 and the 0x19120000 and also the 0x193b0000 but all give me the same result, but I think is at different places during the boot up. Here are some screenshots and my clover folder.

Thank you so much for your help.

Is this for booting the installer? If so, why are you using patched ACPI for the installer?

Is this for booting the installer? If so, why are you using patched ACPI for the installer?

I tried with and without, during the boot it gave me an error related to the acpi for that's why I patched it, let me try without right now and post back.

I disable the patch acpi and it did the same thing. I'll review the guide again and post back shortly.

Follow the guide as written...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back