Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 7020/9020 using OpenCore + Intel HD4600 or AMD graphics

Yes I just never updated that. Its a 9020 SFF.

It's a DP to HDMI cable. Do you think that would cause an issue? I think I've done all the other stuff like the setup_var parts correctly.

I think I've done all the other stuff like the setup_var parts correctly.
If you're using my EFI and followed my guides 100% it has to work. Must be some small detail that's missing. Not sure what it might be.

If you're using my EFI and followed my guides 100% it has to work. Must be some small detail that's missing. Not sure what it might be.
Yeah it was the DP to HDMI cable. Seems happy with a DP cable.

Hello,
Thankyou so much for your hard work - its great to see these 9020's still working great.

This is my first foray into OC

All went well - I used OC config to select 7.1 Mac mini and enter my serial etc... saved to usb.
All good - copied over to efi on ssd - excellent.

Updated to 12.4 realised had no audio (no big deal I'll be using usb) but it was working....
Had a look in EFI and extra folder there after update to 12.4 EFI/Apple/Firmware/MM71.scap

I deleted that folder copied over to desktop to keep in case of need and rebooted - bam audio back again. Have not encounter this before with many 9020 and usff and sff from Sierra, Mojave, Cat and now Monterey. Is it because of something in OC config?

Also how do you turn off verbose constantly on !>? I remember in clover there was a way to auto boot and turn the verbose off also... I have found it in the plist the -v but don't know what to change that too to turn it off.... is it not a setting in oc configurator to toggle?

All went well - I used OC config to select 7.1 Mac mini and enter my serial etc... saved to usb.
All good - copied over to efi on ssd - excellent.
Great to hear it worked for you. To remove the verbose boot flag, open the config.plist
in an editor like PlistEdit Pro and then remove all the boot arguments as you don't need
them anymore once Monterey is installed and working.

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Remove all three highlighted in blue.

We just found out today that macOS Ventura does not support Mac mini 7,1 or iMac 17,1 so that's it for support of these Dell Optiplex models. I won't be providing any EFI folders for Ventura but you can experiment on your own if you'd like to. We don't know yet what new security lockdowns Apple or major changes Apple has implemented in Ventura.

I'm close to 100% certain that trying to run Ventura on these Haswell based PCs is not advisable.

In my opinion it makes more sense to run fully supported Big Sur or Monterey rather than try to make Ventura, a round peg, fit into a square hole, the Dell Optiplex 7020/9020.

For those that want the longest support get an Intel 8th or 9th gen system that has UHD630 graphics. Then it's more likely you'll get Intel macOS updates for the next two to three years. The 8th, 9th and 10th gen Intel CPUs all use UHD630 graphics: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...s/126790/intel-uhd-graphics-630.html#@Desktop

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back