Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude 3450 i5-5200u HD5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had almost forgotten how much fun it is to sit up til midnight getting error messages on the same machine that everybody else was just sailing through with. I am not discouraged because I know it can be done. You have done it with the same hardware so its something I am doing or not doing. BTW, the battery on my hardware is dead, I don't think that would matter.

My latest message on bootup with the install USB is
AMF: Only 128/256 slide values are usable.
valid slides 128-255
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I will begin anew tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_3055.JPG
    IMG_3055.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 63
Well I couldn't go to bed without one last try. I finally got past the problem above but got the following panic screen which I think points to some problem with the graphics that the setup_var to change the DVMT was designed to solve. Not sure where to go from here.

Attachments

• osx panic 2.jpg
    osx panic 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
Well I couldn't go to bed without one last try. I finally got past the problem above but got the following panic screen which I think points to some problem with the graphics that the setup_var to change the DVMT was designed to solve. Not sure where to go from here.

Yeah, P1LGRIM is correct. You seem to be using someone else's EFI folder, not mine. All the kexts and boot-args are completely different from my EFI folder.

Sorry, I should have said that by this time I so confused by what was going on since I did try to find an EFI folder based on my ramblings through the internet based on the error messages I was getting. Tomorrow I am going to start over from scratch using your guide again to see if I just messed it up some how. Thanks. I'm hopeful that I just did a stupid mistake.

What version of Catalina do you recommend that I try? I want to use one that you have successfully used with your EFI.

What version of Catalina do you recommend that I try? I want to use one that you have successfully used with your EFI.

I've gone through every version. You can go straight to 10.15.4.

I am confounded. I dropped back to Catalina. Followed all the instructions and with Catalina 15.4 and 15.3 and trying both of the EFI folders that you provided still get the

valid slides 128-255

result after the clover begins. I selected verbose mode. I am not sure but seems I read this has something to do with graphics. Is it possible my not having a good battery could effect the graphics? I am at a loss as to where to go from here. Thanks for you patience.

I am confounded. I dropped back to Catalina. Followed all the instructions and with Catalina 15.4 and 15.3 and trying both of the EFI folders that you provided still get the

valid slides 128-255

result after the clover begins. I selected verbose mode. I am not sure but seems I read this has something to do with graphics. Is it possible my not having a good battery could effect the graphics? I am at a loss as to where to go from here. Thanks for you patience.

You are getting stuck at the Aptio fix. Graphics shouldn't even be part of the equation yet.

I don't know why you are having this error. Please try P1LGRIM's suggestion to add the slide=0 boot-arg.

Which version of BIOS are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back