Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude 3450 i5-5200u HD5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the fan works fine on my 3450.

Yes, just replace the kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

I never tried to mess with the fans because I never had a reason to. I usually don't push the laptop hard enough for the fan too go crazy and, even when benchmarking, temperatures stay well within normal ranges.

Temperatures below are in Fahrenheit.
View attachment 463241
Interesting my fan works/runs for merely 1-2 secs at a time. Maybe bet 5-10minutes and it's hot enough I cannot put the computer on my lap. The Mac fan control app app doesn't detect Amy sensor on my machine.

Anyway I reinstalled it again all works fine.. Now I'm waiting for my dw1820a, that I ordered.

Thanks

Interesting my fan works/runs for merely 1-2 secs at a time. Maybe bet 5-10minutes and it's hot enough I cannot put the computer on my lap. The Mac fan control app app doesn't detect Amy sensor on my machine.

Anyway I reinstalled it again all works fine.. Now I'm waiting for my dw1820a, that I ordered.

Thanks

As far as I know, Mac Fans Control does not work on any hackintosh.

It works on my old Z68 SB system but not on newer ones. I run the fans at low speeds for silence. CPU is a low TDP core i3. Used mostly for web surfing.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

I am in the process of buying a Dell 3450 same as yours and going to re-enter the Hackintosh world. I began with a cast-off desktop several years ago as a lark and after many hours of trial by error and combing the tonymac86 site go myself a fully working mac. I upgraded the Hackintosh for several years and transitioned totally to the mac world. Last year I decided that I was now a Mac kind of guy so I bought myself a real Mac (which I love). Sorry to be so verbose but wanted to see if you had done any investigation on what it would take to get the SD card reader working.

I am in the process of buying a Dell 3450 same as yours and going to re-enter the Hackintosh world. I began with a cast-off desktop several years ago as a lark and after many hours of trial by error and combing the tonymac86 site go myself a fully working mac. I upgraded the Hackintosh for several years and transitioned totally to the mac world. Last year I decided that I was now a Mac kind of guy so I bought myself a real Mac (which I love). Sorry to be so verbose but wanted to see if you had done any investigation on what it would take to get the SD card reader working.

Used Latitude 3450s can now be found at ridiculously cheap prices. Yes, it's not the fastest laptop in the world, but for those with modest needs, it can be a great value.

No, the chipset used for the SD card reader is incompatible with macOS and, as far as I know, no one is working on any drivers. Odds are, the SD card reader will never work in macOS.

OK. Thanks. Still waiting on the laptop from eBay. I'm only doing this as a timekiller being stuck at home and sort of miss the Hackintosh worldview. Thanks again

Not sure why but am stuck on booting from install USB. I am not sure why. I am using Catalina. Is that a problem? One thing that was not totally sure of. When I prepared the installation USB drive it only had one partition. I added a partition named EFI. Is that an issue?

Last edited:
Not sure why but am stuck on booting from install USB. I am not sure why. I am using Catalina. Is that a problem? One thing that was not totally sure of. When I prepared the installation USB drive it only had one partition. I added a partition named EFI. Is that an issue?

Please try with this EFI. I haven't updated the EFI in post #1 for the latest Catalina yet...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41.5 MB · Views: 254
Use gibmacos to create your usb boot drive with clover. Then after creation delete the efi folder on it replace it with the updated efi provided by OP here

Thanks. I think I'm going to back up to Mojave and try that. Which EFI should I use? Or which version of Catalina should I use is 15.4 is not working?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back