Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude 3450 i5-5200u HD5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's incomplete?

During the installation, your computer will restart several times. When it restarts, you should be selecting the "Install" volume on your internal drive.

Finally have a USB stick ready to go with high sierra on but i can't get a USB to boot with the EFI partition to carry out the DVMT Prealloc. I used unibeast to make the USB stick so i guess you still need to do the DVMT changes

Finally have a USB stick ready to go with high sierra on but i can't get a USB to boot with the EFI partition to carry out the DVMT Prealloc. I used unibeast to make the USB stick so i guess you still need to do the DVMT changes

I don't know if a UniBeast created USB Installer will boot on this laptop. I've never tried. You will be on your own if you use UniBeast instructions.

You need a separate USB flash drive with the EFI Shell so you can boot in to EFI Shell and enter the commands to set DVMT Prealloc.

I don't know if a UniBeast created USB Installer will boot on this laptop. I've never tried. You will be on your own if you use UniBeast instructions.

You need a separate USB flash drive with the EFI Shell so you can boot in to EFI Shell and enter the commands to set DVMT Prealloc.

Arrrh thanks but i think this is going to be more difficult for me. No hackintoshing for me lol

Arrrh thanks but i think this is going to be more difficult for me. No hackintoshing for me lol

Read through the instructions on post #1.

Hi,

Could you make a video guide for this wonderful guide of yours? it would much appreciated.

Br,

Hi,

Could you make a video guide for this wonderful guide of yours? it would much appreciated.

Br,

I don't have a screen capture device to do a video. But it's pretty easy to do if you just follow the instructions in post #1.

I have used your previous post about your Hackintosh, it worked fine for me except trackpad keeps jumping on my screen. which kext is responsible for the trackpad? also even tried this one and it works fine with all quirks.

btw i have a dell latitude 3480
i5-7200u

this updated version did not work for properly. so im back to the original efi.

my main question is have you tried to manually configure/run the fan of it. as it seems not to be detected at all through anyway i could find online. having be able to run the fan is important to me,

now for the meantime i have been on pop os. till i can get the fan and trackpad running properly

I have used your previous post about your Hackintosh, it worked fine for me except trackpad keeps jumping on my screen. which kext is responsible for the trackpad? also even tried this one and it works fine with all quirks.

btw i have a dell latitude 3480
i5-7200u

this updated version did not work for properly. so im back to the original efi.

my main question is have you tried to manually configure/run the fan of it. as it seems not to be detected at all through anyway i could find online. having be able to run the fan is important to me,

now for the meantime i have been on pop os. till i can get the fan and trackpad running properly

VoodooPS2Controller takes care of the trackpad. The acidanthera fork has been working really great. Even the gestures such as pinch-to-zoom work.

I never tried to mess with the fan. I've never had any temperature or fan noise issues.

VoodooPS2Controller takes care of the trackpad. The acidanthera fork has been working really great. Even the gestures such as pinch-to-zoom work.

I never tried to mess with the fan. I've never had any temperature or fan noise issues.
So the fan works for your system? How do I update the kext just replace it in my USB installation kext folder?

I would love to have the fan manually configured if possible.. But so far all your works are amazing and confirmed working with my Dell latitude 3480

So the fan works for your system? How do I update the kext just replace it in my USB installation kext folder?

I would love to have the fan manually configured if possible.. But so far all your works are amazing and confirmed working with my Dell latitude 3480

Yes the fan works fine on my 3450.

Yes, just replace the kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

I never tried to mess with the fans because I never had a reason to. I usually don't push the laptop hard enough for the fan too go crazy and, even when benchmarking, temperatures stay well within normal ranges.

Temperatures below are in Fahrenheit.
Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 3.09.35 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back