Graphics
IntelHD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well gentlemen and ladies, I need help. After install, I cannot get chimera to install properly so I have to continualy boot from the unibeast USB I created for OS X Mavericks. The system boots up and logins in fine, it would appere that the graphics work.

The audio does not work, the wifi doesn't work as it needs a kext, the major issue I am haveing is that after installing ANY kexts AT ALL, even with the multibeast, the system is then incapable of booting and fails (usualy) with a pool allocation error. Help with getting the right kext's, installing chimera, and getting this system up and running properly would be MOST apreciated.

Here are my system specs dumped useing Linux Mint.

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 05)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev b5)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev b5)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 5 (rev b5)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 05)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM67 Express Chipset Family LPC Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 05)
01:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
02:00.0 USB controller: NEC Corporation uPD720200 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 04)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 05)

I have managed to get sounds and Wifi working, bluetooth as it usually is, isn't loading, I've heard of a fix for this, does anyone know of it? I can't remember where I saw it.

I have since managed to get both bluetooth (though I believe temporarily) wifi, sound, and everything working EXCEPT what I need to boot directly to the hard drive, and FakeSMC. It also seems that the graphics are still not fully activated (the top bar isn't clear nor is the rocket dock). I have also BIOS modded this computer and UEFI is enabled as well as a number of options in the BIOS I didn't have before (variable candy land on my end digging through them), however I can't get chameleon OR clover to show up without a USB

I have managed to get sounds and Wifi working, bluetooth as it usually is, isn't loading, I've heard of a fix for this, does anyone know of it? I can't remember where I saw it.

If you have AR3011 BT (commonly bundled with AR9285 on an AR5B195 combo card), you can try here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware

- - - Updated - - -

I have since managed to get both bluetooth (though I believe temporarily) wifi, sound, and everything working EXCEPT what I need to boot directly to the hard drive, and FakeSMC. It also seems that the graphics are still not fully activated (the top bar isn't clear nor is the rocket dock). I have also BIOS modded this computer and UEFI is enabled as well as a number of options in the BIOS I didn't have before (variable candy land on my end digging through them), however I can't get chameleon OR clover to show up without a USB

What are your detailed specs? Please fill out your profile.

Hi Inotamira,

i have same machine and also got same issues with you. Until now, i can only boot from usb and still have many issues with kext ?

can you share with me how you did to making sound, wifi working ?

p/s: sorry for my bad english

thanks

Hi Inotamira,

i have same machine and also got same issues with you. Until now, i can only boot from usb and still have many issues with kext ?

thanks

You also need to fill out your profile, per rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

I added my specs, how detailed are you needing? I have gotten everything to work so far as I know, but I have run into a new issue, I tried useing clover, now I can't get into the system at all, I have a working boot loader on the hard drive, but it can't boot correctly. Also, I've been trying to follow this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...on-dell-vostro-3450-inspiron-14r-uefi-clover/ is this NOT for my computer?

Hi Inotamira,

thanks

After every time I'd install a kext, I'd have to boot with the options -v -f each time, after that everything wen't fine, but even with the bios mod, I still cannot get correct reports on my battery state, but I can get cpu states, usage, wattage, and ram usage

I added my specs, how detailed are you needing? I have gotten everything to work so far as I know, but I have run into a new issue, I tried useing clover, now I can't get into the system at all, I have a working boot loader on the hard drive, but it can't boot correctly. Also, I've been trying to follow this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...on-dell-vostro-3450-inspiron-14r-uefi-clover/ is this NOT for my computer?

I don't see any specs in your profile. What I see:

System: lol
CPU: 12
Graphics: 8

System should be your manufacturer/model of your laptop + chipset. (eg. Dell Inspiron N4110/HM67).
CPU should be your actual CPU model: Core i?-2???
Graphics should be: HD3000 (resolution of laptop display)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back