Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel HM370
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi all,
I'm working with configuring mojave on my Dell Inspiron 7590(A new model, not XPS 7590, its configuration is on my profile). Now everything works well except HDMI output issue.
I had followed the guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ndy-bridge-kaby-lake-and-likely-later.189495/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/

to fix my framebuffer, HDMI audio and custom the SSDT for USB, but still cannot drive my monitor.
I had tried some different combinations with con1-type, con2-type, con1-busid, con2-busid, etc.
When con1-type -> DP, con1-busid -> 05 and con2-type -> HDMI, con2-busid -> 04 will cause an instant reboot (kernel panic), others take no effects.
It cannot detect the behavior of plug/unplug HDMI cable, Hackintool -> Connector didn't show any color changed and IORegistryExplorer -> IGPU@2 -> Framebuffers also nothing changed, and my monitor stays in "No signal".

Hopefully anyone can help me with that. Thanks in advance.

Files were attached.

Attachments

• attach-files.zip
    7 MB · Views: 135
I got a same model as your's yesterday, and trying to install Mojave on it.

Now installation is fine, trying the same issue as you on HDMI.
Perhaps need to try different methods to let HDMI works.

Also, I've completely finished the work that let trackpad working with VoodooI2C.

And another problem is about brightness key bind. since this laptop using F6 and F7 to adjust.
We need to figure out what code in ACPI mean for F6 & F7

I just bought the Dell Inspiron 7590, 4K version, ready to install Catalina. Looking forward to your guide.

I just bought the Dell Inspiron 7590, 4K version, ready to install Catalina. Looking forward to your guide.
Yes, I followed his file. Everything almost working except HDMI and few problems.
And I think these issues may fix at Catalina.
  1. 9th Gen CPU may officially support on Catalina since new MacBook Pro may use it. For now this laptop need to use VoodooTSCSync or will get slow response. And I believe sleep issue may also fixed when upgrade to Catalina.
  2. I think CFLFramebuffer may update again to support 9th Gen CPU's graphics.
So, wait for Catalina GM release.

Hi,
Thank you for your trying.
As for brightness key, they are Fn+S and Fn+B, not Fn+F6 and Fn+F7 and I don't know why.

I had tried to follow the thread about how to fix brightness key by patching DSDT. I tried to install ACPIDebug.kext and add some debug logs into DSDT.aml, finding that Fn+F6 and Fn+F7 will fire EC query _Q66, and a method named NEVT inside. In that thread it said that some Dell laptop will route EC query to NEVT method, then all queries will land in BRT6. Then I went to hack BRT6 method, only found that 7590 even not execute BRT6.

I had working with brightness key for a few days eventually give up...QAQ

And for sleep issue, I had fixed it by replacing VirtualSMC with FakeSMC. Anyone who are interested in 7590 guide can move to here...

Last edited:
Yes, I followed his file. Everything almost working except HDMI and few problems.
And I think these issues may fix at Catalina.
  1. 9th Gen CPU may officially support on Catalina since new MacBook Pro may use it. For now this laptop need to use VoodooTSCSync or will get slow response. And I believe sleep issue may also fixed when upgrade to Catalina.
  2. I think CFLFramebuffer may update again to support 9th Gen CPU's graphics.
So, wait for Catalina GM release.

Here is also a discussion about brightness key.It said that 7590 4K model can bind brightness key normally with that EFI.
(Maybe you need translate tool, it's in Chinese.)

But unfortunately I cannot boot my macOS with it.

Had read its config.plist, ACPI/patched, kext/Others but get nothing valuable.

Anyone has 4K model can try it?

Here is also a discussion about brightness key.It said that 7590 4K model can bind brightness key normally with that EFI.
(Maybe you need translate tool, it's in Chinese.)

But unfortunately I cannot boot my macOS with it.

Had read its config.plist, ACPI/patched, kext/Others but get nothing valuable.

Anyone has 4K model can try it?
It's OK for me that I can read Chinese.
According to his words, he got same issue about HDMI. So my guess may right, there're no fitting ig-platform-id or pipe for 9th gen IGPU in Mojave.
Also VoodooTSCSync required is a problem. Perhaps really need upgrade to Catalina.

Unfortunately my laptop got CPU fan broken. Now waiting for maintenance.
Plus I'm very busy these weeks. I'll keep going when get free time.

Hi all,
I'm working with configuring mojave on my Dell Inspiron 7590(A new model, not XPS 7590, its configuration is on my profile). Now everything works well except HDMI output issue.
I had followed the guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ndy-bridge-kaby-lake-and-likely-later.189495/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/

to fix my framebuffer, HDMI audio and custom the SSDT for USB, but still cannot drive my monitor.
I had tried some different combinations with con1-type, con2-type, con1-busid, con2-busid, etc.
When con1-type -> DP, con1-busid -> 05 and con2-type -> HDMI, con2-busid -> 04 will cause an instant reboot (kernel panic), others take no effects.
It cannot detect the behavior of plug/unplug HDMI cable, Hackintool -> Connector didn't show any color changed and IORegistryExplorer -> IGPU@2 -> Framebuffers also nothing changed, and my monitor stays in "No signal".

Hopefully anyone can help me with that. Thanks in advance.

Files were attached.
Is your microphone work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back