Not open for further replies.
Try this: Mine is inspiron 7591 same spec as 7590
Only remaining issues:
+ HDMI audio
+ Input audio

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 271
I got a same model as your's yesterday, and trying to install Mojave on it.

Now installation is fine, trying the same issue as you on HDMI.
Perhaps need to try different methods to let HDMI works.

Also, I've completely finished the work that let trackpad working with VoodooI2C.

And another problem is about brightness key bind. since this laptop using F6 and F7 to adjust.
We need to figure out what code in ACPI mean for F6 & F7
The birightness key mapping problem, I just followed Rehabman's guidance. Modify the BRT6 method in DSDT to
Code:
Method (BRT6, 2, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
            {

Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)
            }

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
            {

Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)
            }

}
And the shortcuts for display brightness are kept default (F14, F15). Then the F6, F7 can successfully adjust the backlight brightness.

So there is no need to find F6 or F7 in ACPI code. Actually the F6 and F7 touch event will invoke BRT6 method in ACPI, so just make this method capable of notifying F14 and F15 to click (Which are under control of PS2 controller and related to backlight brightness change events) then the backlight keys can be correctly mapped.

And I'm not sure if your situation is same as mine. For reference I post my EFI here.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thank you for your trying.
As for brightness key, they are Fn+S and Fn+B, not Fn+F6 and Fn+F7 and I don't know why.

I had tried to follow the thread about how to fix brightness key by patching DSDT. I tried to install ACPIDebug.kext and add some debug logs into DSDT.aml, finding that Fn+F6 and Fn+F7 will fire EC query _Q66, and a method named NEVT inside. In that thread it said that some Dell laptop will route EC query to NEVT method, then all queries will land in BRT6. Then I went to hack BRT6 method, only found that 7590 even not execute BRT6.

I had working with brightness key for a few days eventually give up...QAQ

And for sleep issue, I had fixed it by replacing VirtualSMC with FakeSMC. Anyone who are interested in 7590 guide can move to here...

Did you modify BRT6 to notify F14 and F15 so that PS2 can take control?

Try this: Mine is inspiron 7591 same spec as 7590
Only remaining issues:
+ HDMI audio
+ Input audio
thank you!!! your Framebuffer settings fixed my HDMI issue. have you tried going to SytemPref/Sound/Output and change the output to your monitor? that worked for me

Did you modify BRT6 to notify F14 and F15 so that PS2 can take control?

Yes I did, but not work. My first step was following RehabMan's guide to patch BRT6 method only found that my laptop even not execute BRT6.

Also, I had discussed about brightness key issue with someone who has a 4K model, he said that SSDT-Dell-Fn.aml make no sense for correcting brightness key.
Here

Yes I did, but not work. My first step was following RehabMan's guide to patch BRT6 method only found that my laptop even not execute BRT6.

Also, I had discussed about brightness key issue with someone who has a 4K model, he said that SSDT-Dell-Fn.aml make no sense for correcting brightness key.
Here
that's weird because it works on my 4k model.

any experiencing issue on hot plug HDMI? I get black screen if I hot plug or unplug HDMI cable

Hmm...These fixes let me wanna to try again.

Here's a guide about how to make trackpad work on 7590.
This can do the same because same functional as 7560.

Note that you don't have to take care about SYCN problem, because it's not exist on 7590.
And since the device already pinned, Just using the GPIO patch with _CRS block edit.
Then you'll got trackpad fully worked with gestures.

But Idk how to do this with SSDT, so no hot patches yet.

Last edited:
Has the HDMI problem been solved???I'm the same machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back