Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z75
CPU
Intel I5
Graphics
GTX 560TI
Having a inconsistent issue with getting past the boot screen on my latest build.

The specs are as follows (NOT THE SPECS FOR THE PC LISTED IN MY BIO AT LEFT):

Dell Inspiron 7348
Intel i7 Broadwell
8GB RAM @ 1600MHz

My issue is that I cannot consistently get past the boot screen. I have been able to get through the installer and have installed MacOS sierra, but even if I continue to use the same boot flags it seems that my success rate is about 1 in 20. I have altered necessary BIOS variables and have done everything that I have done in the past that has allowed El Capitan to work.

I am using a modified version of OSXAptioFix2DRV called OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. If I use the normal AptioFix or AptioFix 2 I am left with an error that states could not allocate pages...allocation error 2.

I am using these boot flags:

-v rootless=0 ApiPorts=4 ApiConfig=Picairn GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 -no-zp

And the error that I keep getting states (after boot flags are listed and SMBIOS information from my config plist) that the system uptime is x seconds (it varies every time) and then the system automatically reboots.

I have tried many modifications to the plist, especially changes to the SM BIOS settings.

Currently I have those set for MacPro 12,1 (I have tried MacPro 11,1 MacPro 3,1 MacAir 7,1)

Wondering if anyone might have some insight on how to fix this! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!
-ShortBus

Did you see this?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-inspiron-i7-7348-dual-boot-windows-10.177845/
I have a 7348 B40 also. I'm using last Clover (don't use any modified OsXAptioFix... use last OSXAptioFixDrv from Clover. Nothing else).
Try this config.plist (from EFI partition) - using MacbookAir7,2
Thank you! I will give this a shot and let you know if it works.

I had actually gotten past the boot screen at one point and had the system booting up regularly more often than it was not.

But after doing so, I sort of gave up on the project with this specific system as I ran into a large amount of graphical issues that rendered the system functionally pretty useless.

It would take 45-50 seconds for the quick launch menu to load, and it would load in a sequence of bars. Additionally, when using web browsers or MS word the screen would flicker before causing the system to crash.

I assumed this was do to a lack of OS support for the integrated graphics being used by the CPU, as no mac was ever released with the 5500 graphics.

Is this an issue that you have with your system?

Thank you again for your help!!

-ShortBus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back