Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 15R 3rd Gen - Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have "compatible" specs too, but I can't even boot if keep the graphics kexts... About the power management, in my opinion, that's probably the last thing to worry about.

I tried installing your kexts and it shut off my USB ports completely when I started the install...

Are you sure they were loaded? But if it really doesn't work, then I don't know, you could try the Legacy USB kexts from the Unibeast package.

This is what popped up on my screen, don't know how well you can read them, but anything helps really...

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 258
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 218
I added PCIRootUID=1 at start up and it appears to be working :D

I added PCIRootUID=1 at start up and it appears to be working :D
finally someone !!!! can you tell me the steps so i can try? i have the same laptop and i tryed lion but nothing!!!

Ok, so I finally got it to boot without the aid of the flash drive, but I still need Wi-Fi driver, ethernet, and graphics is still funky, won't sleep properly... :(

Ok, so I finally got it to boot without the aid of the flash drive, but I still need Wi-Fi driver, ethernet, and graphics is still funky, won't sleep properly... :(

hmm, can you tell me the steps so i can try too?

Make a bootable flash drive using unibeasst

Using any kext utility to install kexts (I used Champlist) install the kexts that silverkid listed

then when you're prompted to start the install from the USB type "-v PCIrootUID=1" I believe that it's case sensitive

then you should be all set, that's how I got it started, but there's a lot of work to do from there, I also installed some kexts and Chimera 1.11 onto my ML hard drive

Let me know what works for you and how to get other things working if you can get them to :)

ok tomorrow night maybe i 'll start i hope i ll find time!!! i ll tell you the rest! thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back