Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 3rd Gen that I've been trying to get Mountain Lion on, but every time I try I end up with the "Still Waiting For Root Device" error, I have AHCI in BIOS for SATA, but recently found out that the USB 3.0 ports may be causing it, it only has USB 3.0 so I don't know what to do to fix this issue. The system is Ivy Bridge, but I used the newest version of Unibeast to make the installer, but still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Specs:
Core i5-3210
Intel HD 4000 Graphics
6GB 1600Mhz RAM
500 GB SATA HDD

Thanks

Thanks so much, I'm remaking my installer USB now, I'll install those kexts and repost to let you know how it goes. :)

i have an asus n56vm i7 3610QM
ive bin trying this install as well, i did the unibeast meathod as well. my laptop only has usb 3.0 ports and i got it installer but to boot into the
system after i have to boot into the usb then select the ML drive and flag -x (safe mode) witch gets me into the system but once in i cant install
MultiBeast, it fails everytime, im gonna try bridge helper BUT i have to save the mack_kernel b4 install then replace it after as bridgehelper relpace it
with 107.4 mack_kernel, ill let u no if it works, we have 7series boards and bridgehelper is the only support out there for them rite now

broomstick1300: Please do report back! :D

iPerry4: Sorry, I don't really understand, why would you use Bridge Helper on Mountain Lion? 7 series are natively supported in ML.

That's normal, just ignore that error for now. It doesn't prevent you from booting, does it?

only thing i had to do was delete the bluetooth kexts from the install as it kept getting hungup on them

its weird i have a "compatible" system but its being a pain
Nvidia 630m and i7 3610QM
i keep getting unknown cpu which bugs up the powermanagement
and i dont have full graphics, stuck at 1024x786

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back